Mariner 2005 Asia

ruthslaughter

I am. I'll be sailing solo.

I haven't been on the Mariner yet, so can't speak to the advantages/disadvantages. I've been on 2 other RSSC ships--the Navigator and the dearly departed Song of Flower. Both were unbeatable for service and for good company. Excellent food too--emphasizing quality over quantity. The open seating for meals is the only way to go. I understand Mariner has all this, plus balconies on every suite. The pre-stocked bar and inclusive tips, wine and cocktails at dinner, and cocktails at parties are all a plus too, though I miss Song Of Flowers' inclusive of all drinks policy (not that I'm that big a drinker--it's just helpful in avoiding social awkwardness). I understand that the Mariner is larger than the ships I've been on, but have been told that it manages to preserve the sense of intimacy the other ships have provided.

We just returned from that trip from Tokyo to HK, Sept 20 - Oct. 3. Fabulous trip, unsurpassed quality on the Mariner. You will love it. Great food, friendly and efficient crew and staff. No hassles whatsover upon embarkation - just walked on in Tokyo, was handed some champagne, directed to the theatre to register and that was it. Maybe we were just special? Like to think that's the way it's always done.

Upscale, older clientele though. So don't expect pool parties and a lot of hoo haw. It was pretty quiet.

Good shore excursions at a reasonable price. Have fun.

Archived