Too Early To Book For Summer 2009?

We always book early to get the cabin we want. As you can see in my signature, we have one booked for 2010 already. Booking early gets you a larger choice of cabins. Also, if prices go down, you should be able to get the lower price. but if prices go up, does not affect you. So book early, ther is no disadvantages but many advantages.

Mike

If your worried about the weather you should look at the July 4 sailing, still room for a quad and if your party of 4 includes any chidren they won't have to miss school.

We booked the IOS in April and got the cabin we wanted

Sorry to hear that you were a little late, but I am glad you found something a little cheaper. Have fun!

Thank you. It is official I booked yesterday on the IOS for the Sept. Med sailing. Thank God I found something and at least I'll be cruising in 2009.:)

My family and I (we are 4 people) are planning a 14 day cruise (fingers and toes crossed) on The new Independence of the Seas for August 2009. Is it too early to book for next summer? I usually book about a year in advance but I'm afraid if I wait a few more months the Independence will be fully booked. Will prices go up if I wait will they go down if I do book now and will I receive a credit? Suggestions please. Any advice will be appreciated.:)

Hello,

I booked up on the 18th March 08 for the Aug 2009 cruise, in my case I got the cabin that I wanted. :) NOW THE DAYS ARE DRAGGING :D

We are already booked for March 2010. There was a certain cabin we wanted on JOS and we jumped on it as soon as the itins for Panama Canal came out. Price fluctuations are always a risk but our priority is the cabin and if the price goes down - oh well. I think normally the prices go up.

Have fun!

if the price goes down.

If the price goes down call whomever you booked with. Unless it is specifically for new bookings only (sale specials) then RCCL will give you the lower rate.

If the price goes down call whomever you booked with. Unless it is specifically for new bookings only (sale specials) then RCCL will give you the lower rate.

Thanks wrp96. Didn't you just write an Alaska review? If it was you, it was amazing!

I booked with a TA for my cruise on IOS and got it at a discounted price. If the original price goes down can I get this discount off aswell or am I just being greedy. I have never done this before so have no idea. I have booked in the UK.

Usually all our holidays are agreed on at the outset and that is the price we pay whether the price goes down or not.

This cruise thing seems to be different though!!!!

We have 4 booked for 2009 (3 on Monarch and 1 on Serenade), and an April 2010 booked already on the Liberty. I always book as early as I possible can. We will book a B2B on Serenade with my Sister and BIL for 2011 as soon as the schedule comes out next year. I love booiking early, get the rooms I want and then if the price goes down, always get that drop. Plus we always book while on a cruise so we get the OBC for booking onboard.

I would love to book now our cruise for next summer on the Enchantment. Our 2 daughters are bringing along some friends, as they are celebrating their graduation. Unfortunately, some of their friends are committed to the cruise, and some haven't decided. I hate to wait while people decide.

Should I book a cabin or two now and book the other later? You need all the passenger names when you book, correct? I know how many cabins I want, but I just don't have all the names.

My family and I (we are 4 people) are planning a 14 day cruise (fingers and toes crossed) on The new Independence of the Seas for August 2009. Is it too early to book for next summer?

NEVER TOO EARLY!!!!!!!

I booked the Independence for its Trans Atlantic, Florida to Southampton on April 12 2009. Booked it in Sept.2007 and got a Jr. suite with very few to pick from. Had second thoughts the next day and called to see about a Grand suite and there wasn't any of those left. So always book as far in advance as you can to get the cabin you want. btw, anyone else going on the April12,2009 cruise??

Hiya

Just wondered if anyone knows when the bookings are available for July/August 2010. Mad I know, but as a lot of you have said, best to get in early if poss.

Also, if you pay your deposit on a cruise a change your mind and want to book another, can that deposit be transferred to a different one???

Thanks

Without looking at the website, I don't think they are booking that far ahead.

As far as transferring your deposit to another cruise, essentially you are cancelling one cruise for another, so it would depend on the TA's cancellation fee. My online TA allows one free cancellation per customer, but many charge. So as long as you know what the cancellation fee is and don't mind paying $25 or $50, sure, you can transfer your deposit to another cruise.

I would love to book now our cruise for next summer on the Enchantment. Our 2 daughters are bringing along some friends, as they are celebrating their graduation. Unfortunately, some of their friends are committed to the cruise, and some haven't decided. I hate to wait while people decide.

Should I book a cabin or two now and book the other later? You need all the passenger names when you book, correct? I know how many cabins I want, but I just don't have all the names.

book all the cabins you need especially if they are triples or quads as they go fast. They can put them in as tba for the short term and they are fully able to be canceled up until final payment 70 days before.

I would go ahead and book it not too early this past week I just booked a cruise for February 2010 locked in the lower fuel surcharges before they went up again and yes I'm jumping ship from RCCL to Princess. RCCL didn't have any cruises I liked for the Caribbean wish they had a 10 nighter out of Fort Lauderdale but oh well I try Princess.

Christine

Archived