Officers dining on Azamara

uktog

I have been very pleased to see in the manuy posts that the officers are ever present on Azamara. Do they dine in the various dining rooms when passengers are dining and do they dine with passengers at any stage? I know there is no longer formal set dining and therefore the traditional Captains table will no longer apply but just wondered if more informal arrangements are now in place

A

We received a written invitation to dine with the Chief Engineer one eveing, along with other guests. It was in the regular dining room..and unfortunately he did not speak English very well (our fault..we should speak Greek!) and he was very quiet....still he enjoyed the evening..we met for cocktails before and the ship provided the wine for the meal...a very nice touch! LuAnn

On our cruise on Quest we saw the officers frequently, but never in Discovery dining room, but others ate at the "Capt. Table" which was there, but don't believe there was any officer there. We did have one other Jr officer eating with his WIFE & CHILD who was aboard...a cute toddler in the buffet, and had many stop to ask us how the cruise was going for us...it was early days for the Quest and had had some bad press, and we were known as Cruise Cr. members, but they all spoke frequently with us, even the Capt. He was supposed to have something to do with the planning of the new Solstice, and takes ships out early in their service. Still can't remember his name...Emmanouil Andropo...something (my bad) He was only 38! And VERY personable, always had time for a short chat.

I never saw the officers in the main dining room but they were often seen in the buffet in the evening. Also, they often had lunch in the buffet area and would sit with passengers.

Garry

On our Quest T/A in April we saw various officers in the buffet, including the captain. Sometimes alone, usually in small groups. They seemed to have been off duty, therefore passengers acknowledged them, but did not bother them.

I was on the Journey on April 25 and was invited to dinner with the Captain on our only sea day. Apparently a different Officer hosted a dinner at the Captains table almost every evening. I have sailed many times but this was my first invitation to the Captain's table and it was really a wonderful experience. The Officers were always friendly and did eat and mingle with the passengers.

There was a wonderful ambience on the ship.....

We were on the Quest's Panama Canal cruise in December and were invited to dine with the Hotel Director. We had cocktails in advance, walked to the grand staircase for a photograph, then had the "procession" to the Captain's table. Two officers were present.

We had a very nice dinner and enjoyed the conversation.

Kathy

Archived