Can Someone answer this question quickly?

Ok just went to carnival's website.....went to our cruise....because it looked like prices dropped....we had book a 8A G......now it shows a BL G....for a little less....anyone know what a BL is? can't find it anywhere on there website that stated what exactly it is???? We want to call our PVP today before the prices go away....anyone can answer this soon?

It's a balcony guarantee and it is different from an 8A Gty.

In this scenario it is NO DIFFERENT. They are one in the same since 8A is the lowest category Balcony you can go, and the BL can range anywhere from an 8A or higher.

To the OP, if you can change, please do so for any savings you can capture !

Thats one reason why you should use an accredited well Travel Agent Agency.. at least having an ASTA membership.

They have to have a very large CASH Bond kept in escrow... so they are not a here today gone the next agency..:)

No I am not one nor work in any...

Booking A GTY Cat gives you that and nothing lower ..

:cool:

Ok just went to carnival's website.....went to our cruise....because it looked like prices dropped....we had book a 8A G......now it shows a BL G....for a little less....anyone know what a BL is? can't find it anywhere on there website that stated what exactly it is???? We want to call our PVP today before the prices go away....anyone can answer this soon?

Thats one reason why you should use an accredited well Travel Agent Agency.. at least having an ASTA membership.

They have to have a very large CASH Bond kept in escrow... so they are not a here today gone the next agency..:)

No I am not one nor work in any...

Booking A GTY Cat gives you that and nothing lower ..

:cool:

The OP booked with a Carnival PVP.... why the comment on the need to book with an accredited TA ???

I am a TA, but this person chose to book with a Carnival PVP, and that is fine, but her question could have been as easily answered by her PVP just as an accredited TA !

If you are happy with the cabin you have been assigned you may want to rethink calling and asking for the guarantee balcony. While you won't get anything less than an 8A which is your original booking you very well may end up in a location you wouldn't have selected if given the choice. If you don't care where your cabin is and don't mind letting Carnival choose it then the balcony guarantee is a great deal :)

If you are happy with the cabin you have been assigned you may want to rethink calling and asking for the guarantee balcony. While you won't get anything less than an 8A which is your original booking you very well may end up in a location you wouldn't have selected if given the choice. If you don't care where your cabin is and don't mind letting Carnival choose it then the balcony guarantee is a great deal :)

Perhaps I understood incorrectly, but it came across to me as the OP booked an 8A Guarantee.....no stateroom assigned yet....thus the rationale for my response to make the change to a BL Guarantee for the $avings if she could.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their quick response! ( Even though some left me scratching my head...:confused:...;)) But anyways, I did not realize you can not book a BL G if you are already in a group booking. It is only allowed to book if it is an individual booking. But again, thank again for the help and guess what....prices went down since first deposit....so the hubby and I saved $140.00 today.....WHOO HOO :D

that is why I would rather pay a little extra and get the room that I want. I don't like not knowing where i am on the ship. I prefer to book the cabin with location and all that I want. No chances on being changed then.

In this scenario it is NO DIFFERENT. They are one in the same since 8A is the lowest category Balcony you can go, and the BL can range anywhere from an 8A or higher.

To the OP, if you can change, please do so for any savings you can capture !

I meant different category according to Carnival. If you're booked in an 8A guarantee you can't call and get money back if a Balcony guarantee is cheaper. Your correct in saying you can *usually* call and switch to that category but then you must take into account that carnival may charge you the current fuel surcharge amount for changing your booking which could negate the savings.

To the OP...glad your price went down and you were able to reap the savings.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their quick response! ( Even though some left me scratching my head...:confused:...;)) But anyways, I did not realize you can not book a BL G if you are already in a group booking. It is only allowed to book if it is an individual booking. But again, thank again for the help and guess what....prices went down since first deposit....so the hubby and I saved $140.00 today.....WHOO HOO :D

We are in a group booking and booked a BL G. We were assigned a room on the Empress deck towards the back of the ship. Works for me...

Archived