I want to try Carnival--RCCL friends stick their noses up

What happens during Quest?

People divide into teams of 3 to 6 people. The MC (usually the cruise director) calls out an item and the each team to bring it up to the front gets points depending on how quickly they get up there. Initially the items are mundane, but towards the end they usually ask for something like one of the male team members putting on a bra, earrings and lipstick being worn by one of the female team members. So women are wiggling out of their bras, putting them on the man, along with lipstick andearrings. Then the men parade around. You have to be there to appreciate it, but it is very funny.

That's not true at all, they offer food aftetr 10:00 pm and it is superior to what you'd find on CCL. For example, last Jan, at around 11:00pm, I went up to the buffet on the Dawn Princess and not only was it open, they were carving up prime rib! I have only seen prime rib once in a CCL buffet and that was ten years ago, what some people think is prime rib is really just roast rib.

Also, one Princess closes their buffet, they have "bistro" service where they serve you, menu style. I used it once and had an excellent, grilled to order steak.

The Dawn Princess has the best Bistro pizza kitchen! I like a white pizza with pesto and shrimp, nothing else (of course the cheese). and they made it great! Everyone around me was ordering 'special" and a few even liked what I got and had them make one.

I'm excited about Carnival sailing out of Baltimore.RCCL friends say Carnival stinks.I feel its probably equal.Tell me they are wrong.................Frankie

LOL!!

You'll only know for sure if you try it yourself and I believe with all my heart that if you tried Carnival, you'd be happy with the product.

Don't let anyone sway you from trying any line. You don't know what you're missing. :)

I'm excited about Carnival sailing out of Baltimore.RCCL friends say Carnival stinks.I feel its probably equal.Tell me they are wrong.................Frankie

A lot has been said about both lines, but I want to add 1 thing to ponder. Whose vacation is this and who is paying for it? If I pay, DW and I decide which line and where we go, not friends. I always want input from others who have experienced something, but in the end, I have to decide. Pick an itineary you like, look at the price, then have fun on your cruise.:cool:

I've never seen any trolling lines or nets behind either a RCCL ship or a CCL ship. Since they're not catching the seafood they serve, I'll eat my fish at a good seafood land restaurant.

But it is silly that seafood is better on land than it is on the sea!!!!!!

Dan

Actually, they may not be trolling but they do serve local catches. When we were in Martinique, we had just gotten off the ship and gotten our port picture taken ...when we noticed this "delivery" being made. It was a huge fish (I don't begin to know what kind but it was huge) being loaded onto the ship. It looked like it had just been pulled from the sea. I mean there was no wrapping or anything on it of any kind. Of course, this was years ago and the rules and regulations about that may have changed.

It was the only time I ever saw an intact fish (huge) being load onto the ship.

I say give Carnival a try and if you don't like it, then you can join your friends in making their comments. At least you will have one Carnival cruise to back up yours.

Usually, those who bash Carnival have never cruised on one of their ships.

Don't listen to anyone. Read this board, read the reviews, research other sources on the web...then go and have a great time.

I've been cruising Carnival since the late 1970's when I was a lot younger and better looking. To date, 60+ on their ships.... I've never had a bad experience...always fun, good food, good ambiance, friendly people, friendly crew and staff.

I have cruised RCCL many times also. Have been pleased with them - except they seem to be a little more uptight....and the food isn't as good.

So..bon voyage!!

I've never seen any trolling lines or nets behind either a RCCL ship or a CCL ship. Since they're not catching the seafood they serve, I'll eat my fish at a good seafood land restaurant.

But it is silly that seafood is better on land than it is on the sea!!!!!!

Dan

I have never seen trolling lines or nets behind any land based restaurant either. :D

Archived