Back to Back Cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale

jec2

I'm considering the b2b 20 day cruise on the Noordam sailing 11/17/08. Does anyone know what the procedure will be when the ship comes back to Ft. Lauderdale on 11/27? Will we have to leave the ship and if so, are we on our own trying to find a place to wait before reboarding? Since I haven't booked yet, I don't know if I'll have the same cabin for both cruises, but hope I will, so we can leave our bags aboard.

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions from anyone who has done a b2b lately in Ft. Lauderdale.

Your TA can call HAL and see if they can keep you in the same cabin. We have done several B to B and have always had the same room.

At the half way point you will be the last to leave the ship. You assemble in a pre designated area and then you leave the ship, go through customs and reboard. In the terminal you will wait in the seating area. It normally is very fast but the ship has to zero out the passenger count before you can reboard. HAL will have your new cabin cards the night before.

They handle it very well. The nice part is that when everyone else is packing you don't have to.

We have also done quite a few back-to-back cruises.

The evening before, you will get a letter giving you instructions at to what time and where you will meet. Usually you will meet around 9:30. You will also be given need ID cards. Sometimes the pictures from the cruise move over to the new ID card - sometimes they don't. Many times we have had to get new pcitures.

You will use your old ID card to get off the ship and your new ID card to get back onto the ship. You will also need to take your passport with you to go through immigration in the terminal.

Sometimes we have waited only a few minutes to get back on the ship - other times -- 1 1/2 hours.

If you are not able to get the same cabin, you will need to only pack what is in the drawers, etc. Clothes on hangers can go the way they are. Your cabin steward will be able to help you move. Some people have been lucky to be able to move before they go through immigration while others I have read have had to wait until they returned from immigration.

Archived