Windsurfing

sailingkiwi

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to go windsurfing, where you can hire good quality gear, also a lesson would be good because I haven't been out for two years? Also is January a good time condition wise, or should I think about doing something else?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There are several good operators right on the beach. Go past the Marriot hotel and you'll see their flags up in the air. There is wind surfing, kite surfing, all types of sports there.

You can expect to pay $60 pp for a 1 hour windsurfing lession with 1 hour of play time. Palm Beach has some of the best windsurfing / kite surfing areas in the world.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but hopefully someone will search and find this info helpful.

We were on the AOS in july, and use aruba active vacations for kite surfing. Well apparently it was too windy(go figure its aruba) to kite surf,

and we were unable to surf.

We found this out, after our taxi left us there. Although they had my email, cell numbers, etc , no way did they make an attempt to contact us and let us know our lessons were cancelled.

So the worker offered us windsailing for ten bucks off. big whoop,anyway,

it was supposed to include a lesson. My hubby and kids went and I observed. After a 10 minute demo, on the sand, they headed off to the water. not even 10 more minutes and they were left to figure it out for themselves. It was supposed to be an hour lesson.

My 12 yr old kept drifting farther and farther away. I brought this to the attention of the instructor , who was sitting with 5 other people, chatting.

He said" oh he will figure it out"

I motioned to my husband, who dropped his equiptment and went and retreived my son. My son said" it was so windy and the current so strong, he couldnt get back in" (my son is a great swimmer )

Yikes. I swear there were 5 maybe 6 instructors just sitting around.

anyway, This was very irresponsibly run to me, and definetly not worth the money, nor was it what we paid for.( at least an hour of your time please)

We left pretty frustrated and my husband quite exhausted. We walked down the beach only to find out that the same thing is offered at the marriott, less expensive and a 2-1 teacher ratio!!!

oh, and the taxi totally ripped us off. She charged us 35 bucks one way from the cruise terminal. We found out on the way home.....its only 15 dollars!

Archived