MIA Hotels with shuttle service

hockeymom97

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not having much luck with the search options right now.

I'm looking for suggestions on a hotel near the port that has a free shuttle to the port. Last time we stayed at the Hyatt and they did not offer a shuttle. I was thinking about either the Intercontinental or the Marriott Biscayne Bay after some of the reviews I've seen on here - but not sure either has shuttle service?

And a quick second part to my question is what area do I need to select for these hotels when using priceline to book? Downtown Miami?

Thanks so much in advance!!

The marriott does not have free shuttle service. they DID have a pay service (it wasn't much more than 6 bucks IIRC) but a cab wouldn't be much more.

i don't think any hotels have FREE shuttles to the port....

i think if you bid downtown for a 4 star the IC or Hyatt come up....i think the marriott is a 3*, but there are some 3* that are not great......

La Quinta offers free shuttle service to port. Very organized. Highly recommend it.

I think that would be the LaQuinta Inn Airport East :) ? They have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. There's also a continental breakfast included.

We also recommend it!

I think that would be the LaQuinta Inn Airport East :) ? They have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. There's also a continental breakfast included.

We also recommend it!

La Quinta East is in Miami.

Ft. Lauderdale is called LaQuinta Hollywood.

We are staying at the Miami one next December.

La Quinta East is in Miami.

Ft. Lauderdale is called LaQuinta Hollywood.

We are staying at the Miami one next December.

Yes, the OP asked about hotels in Miami. We've stayed in both the LaQuinta, Hollywood (Ft. Lauderdale), and the LaQuinta Airport East, Miami.

I'd recommend either one :) .

We are staying at the Marriott. They have a package that you can book directly through their website. It includes accomodations, breakfast and shuttle to the port. Plus it's a nice hotel with comfortable beds!

Do you happen to have a link to the site?

We have a reservation to stay at LaQuinta East, based on recommendations from this board, and will take their shuttle to the port and leave our car at the hotel. I was told they do not offer a return shuttle to the hotel.

Has anyone recently taken a cab back to the hotel - can you give me a cab fare estimate? We have 8 in our party - is there a reasonably-priced alternative to cabs? What if you can flag down the LaQuinta shuttle returning to the hotel - any chance they'll give you a lift back??:D

Is the Shuttle a van or ???

Only reason I am asking is that I am travelling with a 5 year old and a 2 year old that depending on the type of transport - may need car seats...

Thanks for any info...

marriott dot com

Yes, I know that :rolleyes: -I was more specifically looking for a link to the package that the poster mentioned. I didn't see anything on their site that mentions breakfast and the shuttle being included. But it doesn't matter too much at this point - I looked at their site and they are currently advertising rates at $329 a night. No way am I going to pay $329 when I can use Priceline.

WE cruised in April 2008 and stayed at the Best Western on the Bay and Marina. They have a shuttle to and from the Miami airport and to and from the cruise ship, both were free. We paid $79 per night, the rooms were very nice, staff were great and the Pub was our favorite and the locals favorite. THe pub is open air right over the water. THe Hotel was FILLED with cruise ship people. The hotel is in a good part of Miami and walking distance to Miami beach. Oh and I think if you drive there parking is free while on the cruise but I'm not sure about this so please check first. WE had 6 rooms in our group stay here and they all loved it.

$329? Wow that's ridiculous. Are you looking for a peak time? Here is the link that I used to book.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/MIABB

Good luck.

I don't think it's peak time, but I guess I could be wrong. We would be flying in on Sat Dec 6th and our ship sails the following day on the 7th. I just tried the link, and that took me to the same place I was looking - and still $329!! :eek:

I just booked the Best Western for one night before our cruise in November. They have a complimentary shuttle from the airport as well as a shuttle to the port. I thought it was a great deal compared to the Marriot or HI!

Alwayswantstosun4 - never heard of the BW you mentioned. Where is it located? On Collins? You said it was within walking distance of Miami Beach?

Never seen a Miami hotel with so many perks at that price unless it's near the airport!

Unfortunately, the $329 for downtown Miami hotels is pretty much the norm unless you book the Holiday Inn which is a bit cheaper but have seen it $200.

If you are arriving late into Miami, staying near the airport is a good option but for us, rather spend the extra and stay near the beach.

alright, what am I doing wrong? I checked the rates for La Quinta and it said $149, and for Best Western it was $161. Did you guys book through the hotel directly or through another website? thanks in advance!

alright' date=' what am I doing wrong? I checked the rates for La Quinta and it said $149, and for Best Western it was $161. Did you guys book through the hotel directly or through another website? thanks in advance![/quote']

What dates are you looking for?

Since I'll be arriving in Miami aroun 1pm - would be nice to do some shopping or get some supplies prior to cruising...

Any thing close by this hotel or am I in the middle of no where and needing to take taxis...

Im travelling with 2 young kids (4 and 1), and 2 grand parents - so walking is the easiest way to get around.

Is the Best Western On The Bay Inn and Marina any better??? (it says on the website free transport for airport to hotel, but not to the port).

We stayed at the Holiday Inn POM the last time we sailed out of miami. when I checked out the days for the cruise i am taking in January all i get is that it is booked:( Has anyone ever had this happen? I thought that maybe it was to soon to try to book. Any ideas ?:confused:

Is the Best Western On The Bay Inn and Marina any better??? (it says on the website free transport for airport to hotel, but not to the port).

They have a place on their website where they do mention a complimentary shuttle to the port as well.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn POM the last time we sailed out of miami. when I checked out the days for the cruise i am taking in January all i get is that it is booked:( Has anyone ever had this happen? I thought that maybe it was to soon to try to book. Any

ideas ?:confused:

I was looking at a cruise out of Miami on 1/25/09. We'd arrive the day before. I decided to book our cruise for 1/11/09 instead (arriving 1/10/09) because I was also having trouble finding a hotel in Miami pre-cruise. I think something is going on at that time and lots of hotels are already booked.

Archived