MIA Hotels with shuttle service

hockeymom97

Hi Sparky2,

We are cruising out of Miami on 2/1/09 and I looked on the LaQuinta site for a room for the night of 1/31/09 and on the online LaQuinta site said no rooms available for that night. So I called the LaQ. East directly and they had rooms but I had to book for 2 nights . :( Did you get a room for one night ? Can you say whay agency you used to book in Jan.?

Thanks,

Frank

We have booked at LaQuinta East for our January cruise. We were allowed to book one night and did it directly through the hotel. Maybe because of New Years Eve/Day that is why they have a two night minimum.

What dates are you looking at? I'm on the website right now and its showing a price of $109 for late November. The shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port is free. It also includes a free continental breakfast.

October 18 thru the 28

I got pre cruise night for $129 bayside balcony

and then $99 night for after cruise .

There are 3 of us

so between transfers and breakfast I thought this was a good deal, and did book it .

We have booked at LaQuinta East for our January cruise. We were allowed to book one night and did it directly through the hotel. Maybe because of New Years Eve/Day that is why they have a two night minimum.

He wasn't booking over New Years Eve or Day. I still believe something is going on the last 2 weekends in January & that's why they want 2 day bookings.

The poster wasn't booking over New Years Eve or Day. He said 1/31/09 - 2/1/09. I still believe something is going on the last 2 weekends in January & that's why they want 2 day bookings.

Didn't think the above reply went through. Sorry.

La Quinta had really bad reviews on Trivadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d217704-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Miami_Airport_East-Miami_Florida.html

I wonder if the BW got anything better???

Im still needing to find one with a relatively inexpensive shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to the port...

ANy suggestions would be appreciated...price line 4*???

La Quinta had really bad reviews on Trivadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d217704-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Miami_Airport_East-Miami_Florida.html

I wonder if the BW got anything better???

Im still needing to find one with a relatively inexpensive shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to the port...

ANy suggestions would be appreciated...price line 4*???

I didn't read all the reviews, but most people rated it four out of five and it's #20 out of 98 hotels rated. We thought it was very nice and would stay there again if it was just an overnight (nothing but Bennigan's in walking distance).

After I booked the LaQuinta East, I read it was in a bad neighborhood. I changed my reservation to BW on the Bay with a balcony room for just a little more $.

and I hear they have a nice Bar & grill right there too ;)

that all the cruisers hang at...

maisensmama- I dont think a taxi from the cruiseport could run to expensive ...I think they are pretty close distance wise...

Does anyone know how much a taxi would run from the cruise port to either hotel ?

I am also looking to see if anyone knows the rates for taxi to the local beaches ?

Does anyone know how much a taxi would run from the cruise port to either hotel ?

I am also looking to see if anyone knows the rates for taxi to the local beaches ?

The BW has a shuttle to the port. I suppose if you don't get the 'cruise package' you can always buy a seat on the shuttle. Give them a call or email and ask what the rate would be; it might be cheaper to just do the package.

I'd also be interested in what a taxi would run from the BW to, say, South Beach, just so we can explore a little!

I just called both the LaQuinta East and Best Western Bayside..neither one offer a shuttle back to the hotel post-cruise with a reservation. So do you have to take a cab or a shuttle??

We have plans to stay at LaQuinta East in December. When we stayed at LaQuinta Hollywood in March, the company that did their shuttle to the port offered us transportation from the port to the airport for $8 per person. We took it and it was great. The company in Fort Lauderdale was called KSA Tours. I don't know if they do the Miami shuttles as well.

We booked directly with the Hotel and asked for AAA rates. THis gave us $79 per night in April 2008. Maybe the secrete is out so the price went up but with the free shuttle $169 isn't bad. We flew into Fort Lauderdale and rented a car.

Good luck!! THe room rates in this area are very expensive. We did walk to the beach from the hotel, but it wasn't a quick walk. Let me know if you need anything else. We are doing a group cruise on 2/19/09 out of Miami with NCL to the southern caribean and I plan on getting a froup rate at this hotel.

Depending upon when in April you booked, it is no longer peak season.

February is a different story. Expect to pay close to $200 for accommodations in February.

Love the area the hotel is in.

The poster wasn't booking over New Years Eve or Day. He said 1/31/09 - 2/1/09. I still believe something is going on the last 2 weekends in January & that's why they want 2 day bookings.

Didn't think the above reply went through. Sorry.

Yep- its the superbowl! :)

After I booked the LaQuinta East, I read it was in a bad neighborhood. I changed my reservation to BW on the Bay with a balcony room for just a little more $.

Does anyone know if the hotel is in a bad nieghborhood... we are landing in Miami at 8pm the night before our Aug cruise so i was just looking for clean and inexpensive..... I do agree with Plant.....it is rated 20 out of 98 so that sounds pretty good to me.........I am just wondering about the nieghborhood and how safe it is to walk to Bennigan's...............I have 3 girl teens with me.....:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the hotel is in a bad nieghborhood... we are landing in Miami at 8pm the night before our Aug cruise so i was just looking for clean and inexpensive..... I do agree with Plant.....it is rated 20 out of 98 so that sounds pretty good to me.........I am just wondering about the nieghborhood and how safe it is to walk to Bennigan's...............I have 3 girl teens with me.....:rolleyes:

The Bennigan's is in the parking lot in front of the hotel. The area is well lit and it shouldn't take more than a minute (if that) to walk there.

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport or Homewood Suites Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon? I am choosing between the two (price is not an issue b/c I am using Hilton points). Are either in close walking distance to family restaurants?

We stayed at the Embassy Suites 2 years ago. I don't recall much around within walking distance. We had a rental car and it was a bit of drive to find a restaurant nearby. They do have a shuttle but there was a charge for it - can't recall exact price not terribly expensive.

We booked this hotel for November 9 - precruise stay.

Cruise package $85.99 including shuttle to POM.

Hotel also offers free shuttle from MIA to hotel and free continental breakfast - thought it was a good deal.

Same package in January is $189. Hope this helps.

We stayed there in January of this year- have Hilton card also- before our cruise and loved it. The service was excellent. We had a rental car, and when we turned it in they said to call, and they picked us up with their shuttle- no charge. They also pick up at MIA no charge. They do not take you to the port, but you can book tickets for that at the front desk- a nominal charge. They had an awesome Manager reception, and a great breakfast. My daughter especially loved the flat screen tvs. I think there was a restaurant out in front- but we ate at the one at the hotel. Again excellent service. The food was pretty good also. Our next cruise goes out of Fort Lauderdale, or we would definitely stay there again!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived