Low Cost Binoculars

neecee23

I just received two pairs of these Bushnell binoculars from the Sportsmans Guide. They are fog proof and water proof, 10X42 power/objective. I just checked them out and they are great! $39.97, less with the buyers club discount. Check them out: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=436638[/quote]

Looks like a good deal to me, but I don't know anything about binoculars..So need someone who knows about them to advise me... :confused:

Leave for Alaska Aug 8 & want to keep luggage weight down...So need advice..Don't want to ask DH as these might be a good Birthday present for him...

The Bushnell's on this WEB site are: 10 X 42 power, Waterproof & only weigh 27 Oz. ...

However we already have two pair of old ones:

One pair is about 20 years old: Tasco Waterproof 7 X 50 power- weight almost three 3 lbs...We used these on our boat & they are still great, but heavy...

Another old pair is : Binolux Not Waterproof 7 X 35 power-weight almost 2 lbs..

In addition I have a very small pair which cost about $35.00 at Wal-mart a couple of years ago which I'll use, as can slip them into my fanny pack..

Here is my delima..Should get DH the Bushnell's, or stay with the ones we have..We don't belong to the Buyers club so our price would be $39.95..

Thanks..:) Betty

Archived