Which FOS excursion should we cancel?

DW and kids have decided that they want to stay on board during one of the port stops to enjoy Freedom of the Seas without the crowds. We had planned private excursions for all the ports except Labadee, which we do want to see. We have planned the outrage eco-tour on GC which I definitely don't want to cancel. We are at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel which sounds great, and that leaves Jamaica with Marva Shaw. How much will we regret missing DRF, fern Gully and river tubing with Marva? I am willing to renegotiate with them if we're making a mistake here! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think that the kids will enjoy climbing DRF,( just keep them away from the craft market at the top). I never did the tubing so I can't speak from experience. Fern gully, to me really wasn't a big deal. Maybe you can climb the falls first thing in the morning and head right back to the ship.

Since you plan on a beach day at their island, I'd cancel the beach day on cozumel. Especially if you have never been to jamaica. Everyone should see the falls once.

Or just cancel the tour, go to the falls via cab and then go right back to the ship. A lot of people stay on the ship in jamaica.

The falls don't take long to climb and the cabs are sitting right outside the ship.

We like jamaica, but not as a cruise stop.

The day at cozumel the ship will be emptier. So if you are staying on the ship so the kids can play on the surf thing and in the water park, that will be the day for them to pretty much have it all to themselves.

As a family we had some great moments and lots of terrific memories at the Dunn River Falls so if you have never done it is a great family day. We just did the ships excursion at the earliest time and the kids were back on the ship for lunch while I continued exploring (kids are older). Other stops we did early excursions and hubby and boys would return to the ship at lunchtime and I would contine to shop and explore at my own leisurely pace while they used all the amenities they wanted. I would usually return just before the ship left. Early excursions become tiring with the early starts but we found it is the best way to spend time as a family and to all do things we wish in the afternoon.

River Tubing in Jamaica is one of my children's favorite excursion of all-time. Marva Shaw is a wonderful hostess - she and her son Javia take excellent care of you. I definitely wouldn't cancel this tour!

To be honest, I wouldn't cancel any of your excursions, since you have two sea days and you'll probably be back on the ship early from your tours. You have the right idea about Labadee (it's one of my favorite ports in all of the Caribbean), and I've only heard great things about the Eco-tour on GC. Cozumel, while lovely, is the weakest of the things you've chosen, yet my kids and I love shopping in the area that's at the pier so we would have to get off the ship even if it's just for an hour to look around.

Just an idea - Marva will customize your tour. Why don't you email her and arrange to just do the tubing and falls, and cancel the Fern Gully. That will get you back on the ship around lunchtime, so you'd have the afternoon on the ship.

Archived