June 05 Reservation ??

When we were on Voyager last year, I booked our next cruise. Had to book it for April since June prices were not out yet. I kept the ressie # for myself rather than transfer it to a TA because I knew I was going to change it and I wanted to be able to do that on my own. Well, I finally found prices a couple weeks ago for next summer, so I changed our cruise dates as well as snagging 1388 for myself. Now my questions...

As I am looking around online, I notice not all the TAs have prices past next April. I think I have found only one or two that I could get a price from for June. Am I shopping too early?

We have myself, DH and DD booked right now. I haven't added my SS (because I am not sure I really want to, so I am putting it off). What will happen when we add him? Will he be the same price as what we pay for the 3rd person or will pricing at that point be subject to whatever the current pricing is? (Does that make sense? I am basically wondering if my 3rd/4th person price is locked in when we booked the 3rd person)

My last question, is it acceptable for me to email a couple folks on these boards that I believe are TAs and ask them for a price? After all, I have gotten more help from the boards than from any other source.

Sovereign 6/02
Voyager 9/03

Mariner is so far away.. [[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;6;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] ]

Not sure what the rules are on e-mailing however here is what I would do. It sounds like you've got the cabin you want (if this is incorrect please disregard the rest of this note). I'd leave the reservation with RCCL and keep watching the prices and checking other res sites just in case. I'd stick with RCCL until you are pretty sure what you've found is the best deal arond and with a reputable agent/web site.

Unfortunately on my last cruise I made a res and forgot to keep it to myself. It's now tied up with a cruise agency that I'm trying to get away from (my agent is OK but the agency sucks). It seems that even though I booked it while on board I need the agency's OK to go somewhere else (like they're going to do that..not likely). It seems that if the res started with RCCL while on board I (or you) should have complete control of it.

Oh Well... keeping my eyes on the prices and will react if necessary.

Okay, I was able to answer my last question by going to the board guidelines (which I should have done in the first place [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]) It appears if I ask, it is okay for the TAs to email me. (email to [email]kathi29@yahoo.com[/email] if you are interested!)

Thanks for the advice, Rick. The first time we cruised, we did the same thing when we made our next reservation while onboard. Our TA back home could not/would not give us a lower price so we switched the reservation. Fortunately my DH has been working with her for years and she didn't have a problem releasing the booking to someone else. It is very frustrating, though, that I can't have that sort of control over my own reservation. That's why I made sure it wasn't automatically transferred this time.

If anyone can help with my other questions, that would be great. Thanks!

Sovereign 6/02
Voyager 9/03

Mariner is so far away.. [[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;6;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] ]

Archived