Cruising or Land Trip? Any advice for a honeymoon?

Soontobemrsdaly

Congratulations!!! Our first trip to Hawaii was a cruise - about 16 years ago. If you have never been to the islands, I recommend the cruise first. You get to see the different islands and get a feel for each one, as they are all different. Then you can decide which ones you would like to return to on a landtrip. We've gone back twice for land vacations. Remember, too, that with a cruise, you won't have to worry about anything but enjoying each other! Whatever you do, have a great time!! :D

Sue

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Soon-To-Be Mrs. Daly! :D

Both options are good - the choice depends on how much of a planner you are and how much freedom you want to pick and choose the activities/islands that you'll be on. I agree that a cruise would serve as a good "sampler" of the islands. Also, how long a honeymoon were you planning?

This old thread might give you some pointers ...

Spleen

We are doing just that this November. Cruising for our honeymoon to Hawaii. I thought it was a great way to see a number of the islands in a matter of 2 weeks. We are sailing on the Infinity out of Ensenada. This gives us a couple of days at sea to just relax after all the wedding work. Then we will be off and running to see the 4 different islands that we have in our itinerary. This cruise ends on Oahu so we are extending another 3 days and flying back to Maui since there was so much there we wanted to do. This will be our first cruise also so I don't have much upfront advice till we get back. But we are looking forward to it.

OK, but be prepared to spend lots of money over the next few years. Once you've been to Hawaii, it's almost impossible not to go back. I know, I've already planned and mostly paid for trip #5. :D

Soontobemrsdaly, I think either choice would be great. We haven't done the cruise to Hawaii (yet) but we really enjoy our Hawaii land vacations. Our last visit was May '02 for 12 days. Some of the pictures are on the site below. But as you can also tell below, we love to cruise too. Also want to say that daWoods is correct; you'll probably want to go back. We've been back to Hawaii 3 times so far (this after living there for 4 years). Whatever choice you make, it should be memorable.

Archived