Arabian Cleansing Ritual (Rasul)

resstation

I know I'm stretching here - but has anyone done the Rasul on the Disney ships and also on Princess? We really enjoyed the Rasul on Disney and are wondering how it compares to Princess. Do tell... but not too much, please! :)

I know I'm stretching here - but has anyone done the Rasul on the Disney ships and also on Princess? We really enjoyed the Rasul on Disney and are wondering how it compares to Princess. Do tell... but not too much, please! :)

Read this and be prepared for a good laugh.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417660&highlight=rasul

:D :eek: :rolleyes:

Read this and be prepared for a good laugh.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417660&highlight=rasul

:D :eek: :rolleyes:

Even with your warning I wasn't prepared for how funny that was. OMG, that poor man is done with spas for sure! That was the funniest thing I've ever read in quite a while. Thank you!

very funny! The title of this thread peeked my curiousity. Part of our honeymoon will be cruise based next Feb. and this sounds pretty interesting....minus all the hickups Jennew had .:D

But, I gotta ask the question...what's Rasul all about? Is it a detox thing??

very funny! The title of this thread peeked my curiousity. Part of our honeymoon will be cruise based next Feb. and this sounds pretty interesting....minus all the hickups Jennew had .:D

But, I gotta ask the question...what's Rasul all about? Is it a detox thing??

I make no claim as to the accuracy of this explanation.:D

Rasul Mud Treatment

A combination of the mud bath and the wrap, this also involves slapping on some mud and sitting in a warm place while the mud works its miracles. But instead of relaxing in a pool, this treatment involves a concoction of steam and mud.

Rather than coating yourself in one type of mud, Rasul divides the mud up into three different coloured mineral groups for specific parts of the body - your face, your front and your back.

Carried out in a special Rasul steam room, there will usually be two sets of heated seats facing each other. Normally decorated with pearlescent mosaic tiles and fairy lights, these little pods of peace and quiet are where you apply your mud. Depending on where you are having your treatment, the mud can be applied by a therapist or directly by you (although you might need some help with your back which is why, like the mud baths, this is a popular treatment for couples and groups). When you’re caked in your various mud mixtures, you’ll be asked to perch on one of the heated seats for around 15-25 minutes to warm the mud. Then, when you’re about to reach baking point, sprinklers in the ceiling will be turned on to wash away the mud and leave your skin feeling sparkly and smooth. The impromptu shower also returns your body temperature back to normal.

Is it for me?

Famed for its refreshing, invigorating and revitalising properties, mud is particularly renowned for helping to heal rheumatic complaints thanks to the heat helping to relax muscles and improve circulation. Mud treatments have also been used to treat swellings, skin problems, kidney disorders, gout, nervous disorders and stomach troubles.

I know I'm stretching here - but has anyone done the Rasul on the Disney ships . . .

Haven't cruised Princess yet, though booked on an early January cruise in a mini on the Ruby. My wife and I did the Rasul on the Disney Magic. It was fun and I tried to get frisky, since I found the three colors of mud a turn on. My wfie found it less of a turn on. Not only that, but the various chairs and benches did not get on well with the steam and mud. My wife being a good sport, we tried for a while, then rinsed the mud off and escaped with everything intact except our dignity.

Now, the funny part was that evening. We had met the ship's captain and had become friends. We were having dinner with him and his fiancee that night. Staring at me over a glass of wine, he said with a straight face: "You know we have cameras every where on this ship. You and your wife really enjoyed the Rasul, huh?"

Of course, he was just kidding. At least I think he was.

The bottom line is that the Rasul is fun for what it is--a chance to paint one another with mud, hang around and bake, then steam and shower off. However, it is neither romantic nor particularly conducive to, uh, erotic encounters. And, keep your eyes peeled for cameras.

--Rich

Haven't cruised Princess yet, though booked on an early January cruise in a mini on the Ruby. My wife and I did the Rasul on the Disney Magic. It was fun and I tried to get frisky, since I found the three colors of mud a turn on. My wfie found it less of a turn on. Not only that, but the various chairs and benches did not get on well with the steam and mud. My wife being a good sport, we tried for a while, then rinsed the mud off and escaped with everything intact except our dignity.

Now, the funny part was that evening. We had met the ship's captain and had become friends. We were having dinner with him and his fiancee that night. Staring at me over a glass of wine, he said with a straight face: "You know we have cameras every where on this ship. You and your wife really enjoyed the Rasul, huh?"

Of course, he was just kidding. At least I think he was.

The bottom line is that the Rasul is fun for what it is--a chance to paint one another with mud, hang around and bake, then steam and shower off. However, it is neither romantic nor particularly conducive to, uh, erotic encounters. And, keep your eyes peeled for cameras.

--Rich

THANKS WILL DO

Archived