Cruised out?

tlmlb

This past summer we took a break from cruising, having cruised every summer since '99. We felt that we were losing some of the "pre-cruise excitement" because we were cruising so often, so we flew to Las Vegas instead and had a WONDERFUL time there! This coming summer we're going on a cruise again and we're looking forward to it.

We are in our 20's and getting married in a few days. My fiancee and I love to cruise and have a quite a few under our belts already.

Crusing is the best vacations for us. We usually book two a year. I do agree that cruising the same ports gets a little boring after a while, but Carnival is trying their best to keep adding new ones.

We are currently looking at the Valor because it goes to Hondurez. Let's take it one step at a time first and finish our Honeymoon cruise on Princess Cruise Lines.

Kodiac :)

This is a great topic. Before my wife and I went on are 1st cruise last Nov. we had been to all inclusives, hect we got married at 1 in Jamaica (Couples) we really liked it because it was adult couples only but not the walk around butt naked type like they have there LOL. Most people were like us getting married there or on honeymoon very good food and lots of stuff to do very nice will go back. I use to always rent a house at the beach (myrtle beach area)since it is only 2 1/2 hrs away from where I live every year but after many years of doing that well lets just say it got old. We still go to the beach but now only for week ends. When we found cruising we both fell in love with it different places every day the food, the service, the different people, beaches etc etc. But I can see where those of you who have been on many cruises have gotten bored. Since it is still very new to us and we have not cruised all the different locations yet there is still tons of excitment for us. But I can see in the next few years that an all inclusive land based vacation will be in the mix. In between our 1st 2 cruises we spent xmas in Vegas and we do take long week ends to Bed and Breakfests that are close enough to drive to. We are very lucky that the Mountains and the beach is only 3 hrs away. So Charleston, Savannah, Asheville, Hendersonville see us at least once a year for a weekend of quiet relaxation. But for now Cruising rules :D

I use to always rent a house at the beach (myrtle beach area) :D

Cruising killed Myrtle Beach for me as well. Went there every year from 1966 to 1987. Took first cruise in 1988, and didn't realize what I was missing.

Tried going back in 1992, but the thrill was gone. Plus it was really building up by then. Passed through again in 2001, and I couldn't believe the towering monoliths they were building there. Sad, being it's roots were two story motels and house cottages.

Now that I've gotten WAY OT...........sorry!

We have been taking 4 cuises a year for sometime now. DH wants to do something else next year, so we are either flying or driving out to Vegas in May.

Still hope to book a couple cruises besides....have never been to Bermuda and it looks beautiful. Have 3 open bookings on Princess that I need to take within next 4 years.

Mr pete,

You are so right the MB i grew up with is gone. They have torned down so many beach houses and put up Condos it is sad. Garden City Surfside North MB Cherry grove Ocean Drive all has changed for the worst. We now rent at Sunset beach only because it is still like the old MB no CONDOS or skyscrappers and only a 30 minite drive to MB if you wish to fight the crowds. My best friends family owns a beach house in Ocean drive it is ove r 50 yrs old and is a BEACH HOUSE LOL not a million dollar mansion. Developers have been after them to sell it for years for it great location but they will not sell. I Play alot of golf so I still go down to play a few times a years but the thrill is definately gone from good ole MB for me also.

Archived