I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I was relooking at this and getting confused at Viking's last reply and I think I just had my 'aha' moment. I thought the trains that go to/from the airport are the S-trains, but I guess not--they must be regular trains.

So from Freeport to the airport I take the s-train Norreport and then the metro OR the s-train to Central Station and then the airport train.

From Tivoli area to Freeport during the week I guess I can take the 26 or the s-train to Nordhavn.

Oh sorry for not making that clear.

When you take the S-train from Nordhavn you need to change for the Øresund/Airport train at Østerport, Nørreport or at the Central Station (København H).

You can also take the Metro from Nørreport.

From monday to friday´s only you can take bus number 26 from the freeport terminal to Østerport for the Øresund train or Kongens Nytorv for the Metro.

Oh sorry for not making that clear.

When you take the S-train from Nordhavn you need to change for the Øresund/Airport train at Østerport, Nørreport or at the Central Station (København H).

You can also take the Metro from Nørreport.

From monday to friday´s only you can take bus number 26 from the freeport terminal to Østerport for the Øresund train or Kongens Nytorv for the Metro.

Hope someone can lets us know if you can charge the fee for the

Boat Rides? (Netto) and how much do they cost?

Can you charge entrace fees at Tivoli?

I read that you can charge cabs but to ask driver first????

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks, Viking. I think I got thrown off because one is s-train and the other is just 'train' and I thought they were one and the same.

Which do you think is faster to the airport from Norreport, the metro or the train? Do you think 26 will get me to Osterport faster than walking to Nordhaven? Finally, if I take the S-train to Nordhaven and then the metro, can I travel on the same ticket or do I need a separate ticket for the metro?

@ Harry Cane

You just pay for a single 3 zone ticket (33,5 DKK) and use it for both busses, metro, S-train and regular trains.

The bus to Østerport is only a little bit shorter because you still needs to walk out to the bus stop but you will not have to drag all your luggage to Nordhavn.

I would take the regular train top the airport because its 2 minutes shorter and a more comfy ride.

@ Annabell#25

It seems like tivoli takes all major credit cards but i am not sure about if it´s only the webshop or also at the entrance gates.

Netto Bådene only takes cash.

DFDS Canal Tours takes these cards: Dankort, Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, JCB, CUP og American Express.

You are right about the taxi.

We are coming in on the Disney Cruise on July 21 from 8:45 to 5:00 PM

We would like to do the following things:

Tivoli

Rosenburg Castle

Amalienborg Palace

The little Mermaid statue

Can someone tell us how you would do it, what modes of transportation (bus, train, or cab) and exactly how to get to the bus or train stop.

Thanks

@ scrapycruiser

If you go to Nyhavn where the canal tour is also located you will find a decent ammount of café's with both indoor and outdoor seatings.

@ acbat1

The little mermaid is at the World Expo in China so you can leave her out.

Normally the Magic docks at Langelinie Pier so i would walk down the harbour front to Amalienborg and then walk to Rosenborg

From Rosenborg you can take a train from Nørreport to the Central Station where Tivoli is located.

When you are done you just take the same train back but one station further to Østerport where you can walk back to the ship.

Here is a map so you can get around.

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/content/cruise_copenhagen/more_facts_and_info/map

Viking, I notice that for Freehavn there appear to be numerous docks on the map on the link above, some look pretty far from the Nordhaven S-train station. Do you know which one Princess docks at? On another thread I read it's Flex 245, but that's not on the map.

@ vaitape

The distance to the hotel is aprox 3,5 km so a good 30-40 minute walk.

But you can walk or take bus number 26 to Østerport station and take a train to Nørreport station where you can walk to the hotel.

@ Harry Cane

Pier number 240 to 259 is located at the Freeport Terminal, the piers are called Orientkaj and Sundkaj.

Holiday Alert :-)

I'm going to the Roskilde Festival sometime tomorrow so i won't be able to answer your questions for the next week unless i'm drop by the internet café there is located somewhere in the camping areas.

The following week i'm going to visit some relatives in the western part of Denmark so i'm off atleast 1,5 week.

If you are curious about what bands i'm planning to see then i posted my schedule on the Roskilde board and now also here. :-)

Thursday

17:30 - Electrojuice - Cosmopol

18:30 - When Saints Go Machine - Orange

20:15 - LCD Soundsystem - Cosmopol

22:00 - Gorillaz - Orange

Friday:

14:30 - Teddybears - Cosmopol

16:00 - Florence + The Machine - Odeon / Tinariwen - Arena

18:00 - Casiokids - Odeon

20:00 - Boban I Marko Markovic Orkestar - Odeon

21:30 - Gilles Peterson and Roberto Fonseca present Havana Culture - Cosmopol

01:00 - Nephew - Orange

03:00 - Bonaparte - Pavilion

Saturday:

12:30 - The Rumour Said Fire - Odeon

14:30 - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Odeon

16:30 - The Floor Is Made Of Lava - Odeon / 17:00 - FM Belfast - Pavilion

19:00 - Bad Lieutenant - Arena

21:15 - Lindstrøm and Christabelle - Cosmopol

22:30 - Muse - Orange

00:00 - Robyn - Arena

01:00 - The Prodigy - Orange (what´s left)

02:00 - Shantel and Bucovina Club Orkestar - Arena / 02:45 - Moderat - Cosmopol

Sunday:

13:45 - Die Antwoord - Cosmopol

17:00 - Jack Johnson - Orange (Only the first hour but if he kicks ass i will stay for the rest of the concert)

18:00 - The National - Arena

20:00 - Julian Marley - Cosmopol

22:00 - Prince !!!!!! - Orange

00:00 - Arena Goes Gumbia - Arena

And if you now are wondering why i can post for the first part of the week it's because the camping area allready opened yesterday, but i'm first going tomorrow.

We are staying at the Hotel Mayfair (near Central Station) after our cruise. Should we take Bus 26 to Central Station, or does it go closer to the hotel (a couple blocks west on Vesterbrogade)? Or should we take a taxi because of our luggage? How much would a taxi cost? We plan on buying the Copenhagen Card, but don't want to start the 24 hours until we get rid of our luggage and assume we can buy the card at the hotel or at the Central Station. We'd like to go to Fredericksborg our second day and would like to get that admission and transportation covered in the 24 hours. How much is the bus and do we need exact change? We'll plan on stopping at an ATM on the pier -- I assume there is one nearby. Also, is it possible to do Fredericksborg and Kronborg in one day? Is there frequent transportation between the two? They appear to be fairly close on a map. There's a Fredensborg Palace in between -- is it something to tour?

Our departure pier is moved from Langelinie to Freeport :( As this thread has over 2,000 replies I am unable to scroll through all pages of photos and signatures... Can somebody have pity on me :p and post a link to bus 26 map and/or a link to the schedule? We'll be leaving on Thursday, it should run to Freeport.

I just escaped the heat and found the internet café.

@ nationaltreasure79

Taxi from airport to the central station is 250 DKK.

Train is 33,5 DKK

@ Dayenu

link to bus number 26

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9012200002610000&linegid=9011200002600000&line_name=26

@calvin81

The next stops after the central station and closer to the Mayfair is Trommesalen bu it is not long from the central station.

I hope that you can wait with the rest of your answers until next week.

Hello Danish Viking,

I think it is terrific of you to have this thread.

I will be at the Bethel on the Nyhavn for one evening on Aug 11, 2010. Last year when I was in Copenhagen, the ship was at the Langoline(oops, spelled wrong) pier. There was a nice House of Amber there and even had a sale cabinet. This year the Vision will be at the new pier, the Freeport pier. Do you know if there is a House of Amber at that pier? I looked up other locations and there seems to be one close to the hotel. Thought I would take a look, unless you have a great anber store you could tell me about. Looking forward for a special time in Copenhagen.

Thank you, Carolyn

Single, traveling and always looking forward to the adventure

Thanks for all the info Danish Viking. BTW...Prince is UNBELIEVABLE in concert. We saw him at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA, and it was one of the best concerts EVER. Have a great time this weekend!

Is the Copenhagen Jazz Fest worth checking out? We were tinkering with trying to go to a show at Tivoli- possibly Elvis Costello's wife. Any really great venues or shows that we may not know about? Will be in CPH 7/6- departing on cruise 7/9.

Thanks!

Could you please tell me if there is a night canal/harbor tour of Copenhagen similar to the ones during the day.

It would be a Friday night in August. Am not interested in a dinner cruise or party tour, just a basic tour like during the day except at night?

Thanks,

Jim

Archived