I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I assume the 26 stops close to the ships?

And once again, thanks.

Bus 26 stops right next to the piers.....almost next to the ships.

Bus 26 has 2 routes. Be sure you board the one going to Freehaven port. One of the routes only goes as far as Langelininie pier. You can ask the driver. Buy your ticket from the bus driver.

Bus 26 does not operate on Sat. & Sun.

Can't help you with an airport bus. I believe there is an express airport bus or train, but I don't think it goes out to the piers. You'll have to do a transfer. If you are arriving by air, you can get get directions for the transfer at the airport.

Hi,

I'm planning a Baltic cruise roundtrip Copenhagen, but would like to explore some more of Europe at the same time. I would like to spend a week and a half in London, Paris, Germany, and Amsterdam. Is there a fast and easy form of transportation from any of those places to Copenhagen?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm planning a Baltic cruise roundtrip Copenhagen, but would like to explore some more of Europe at the same time. I would like to spend a week and a half in London, Paris, Germany, and Amsterdam. Is there a fast and easy form of transportation from any of those places to Copenhagen?

Thanks!

We are spending 13 days prior to our same cruise touring Paris, Loire Valley, Normandy Beaches, Bruges, Belgium then flying out of Brussels. You can get a one-way flight from Amsterdam, for 82Euros or slightly less from Berlin; slightly more from Paris. We're renting a car and dropping it off in Brussels for only a $50 CAD drop off fee!

Som

A group of 5 of us with LOTS of luggage will arrive at the Copenhagen airport form the U.S. on a Sunday morning at 9:30 am. Our ship has reiterated that we cannot board until 2:00 pm for a 5:00 pm departure from Frihavnen (which I presume is the same as Free Port?). On prior trips in such circumstances (e.g., out of Barcelona and Buenos Aires), we have located a local tour guide who could pick us and our bags up at the airport in a van (we would rather not split up in two cabs) and give us an introductory tour of the area of the area and lunch and drop us off at the ship to timely board (we will spend 2 nights in Copenhagen at a Hotel to still be determined at the end of our trip). Does anyone know of someone we could contact in Copenhagen about such a trip?

A group of 5 of us with LOTS of luggage will arrive at the Copenhagen airport form the U.S. on a Sunday morning at 9:30 am. Our ship has reiterated that we cannot board until 2:00 pm for a 5:00 pm departure from Frihavnen (which I presume is the same as Free Port?). On prior trips in such circumstances (e.g., out of Barcelona and Buenos Aires), we have located a local tour guide who could pick us and our bags up at the airport in a van (we would rather not split up in two cabs) and give us an introductory tour of the area of the area and lunch and drop us off at the ship to timely board (we will spend 2 nights in Copenhagen at a Hotel to still be determined at the end of our trip). Does anyone know of someone we could contact in Copenhagen about such a trip?

There is a company -- Preben's Minibusser....nice large van. Sorry I do not have a contact #.....try to google it.

Hey I just realized that theres no bus 26 on sunday, how else can i get from port to the round tower???

rather not walk looking to save as much time as possible.

also any info about how these tickets work with zones and punches.

I have 4 stops to make , with tivoli being the farthest away from the port. how does that work in terms of zones??

should i get 24 hour transportation card (flex card) or buy a card?? Im lost when it comes to this. please help, last step in planning my cruise.

i leave thursday

thanks again

linda

@ llevy315

Bus number 26 goes in the weekend but not to the freeport terminal, if i'm not mistaken your ship will be at langelinie.

All of central copenhagen are in zone 1 so you only need a 2 zone ticket.

Buy the 24 hour city pass (70 DKK) instead of the 24 hour transportation card (125 DKK) because it will save you some money.

The transportation card is only useful if you are heading outside the city.

Hey I just realized that theres no bus 26 on sunday, how else can i get from port to the round tower???

rather not walk looking to save as much time as possible.

also any info about how these tickets work with zones and punches.

I have 4 stops to make , with tivoli being the farthest away from the port. how does that work in terms of zones??

should i get 24 hour transportation card (flex card) or buy a card?? Im lost when it comes to this. please help, last step in planning my cruise.

i leave thursday

thanks again

linda

To save the most time and eliminate walking take a taxi.

If you don't want to walk, you can use the Hop on Hop off bus that comes to the pier area. You can purchase your ticket from the driver.

For other bus stops and train, it is more than a short walk from the pier. A 24 hour card would not be cost effective for what you want to do. I don't know what your planned 4 stops are, but the city is compact. You could take a taxi to your farthest point and walk to your other points working your way back toward the pier. From the last stop, find a taxi (or arrange a time & location with the one that dropped you off) for your return to the ship.

Thanks travelite and Danish Viking

So according to Danish Viking I should get the 70 sek card what that called so i know what to ask for? is that better than buying the card for 10 punches or whatever its called. we are 2 ppl.

our stops are as follows

port (langelien i think)

round tower

Christianburg (palaces)

Ice Bar 12:30

Tivoli

and back

according to my notes, (google maps w metro directions)

from pier take bus 26 (alholm plads) 5 stops and then some walking to round tower

round tower 12 min walk to christianburg

then walking, bus 1a (avedore), and walk some more to ice bar

ice bar 8 min walk to tivoli

from tivoli bus 15 back to pier

does that make sense...so ill be taking bus 3 times for 2 ppl..what makes the most cost effective sense??

The card with 10 punches are called a klippekort (punching card or stamping card ?)

But this will not be useful because you only need 6 out of 10 punches and the price is 130 DKK so for each person it will only be 5 DKK cheaper (almost 1 USD) than the city pass.

You can also just buy a single ticket at 23 DKK, then the price will be 69 DKK for each person.

Also note that the driver only sells the single ticket but it will only be 8 DKK more for the 2 of you.

Bus number 26 will not drop you off close to The Round Tower so it will be better to take a train from Østerport to Nørreport and walk from there.

You can either walk from Langelinie to Østerport or take the bus and get of at Østerport.

When going back to the ship bus number 15 will just drop you of at Østerport Station so it will be much faster to take a train back to the ship.

The train (and bus 15 and 26) will depart from opposide Tivoli at the central station (København H).

Does anyone have an email address for the Marriott in Copenhagen? I thought I'd read somewhere that they have a shuttle available from the hotel to the port for cruise departure and I'd like to inquire about it. Does anyone here know about that? Cheaper to take a cab? Would the cab take credit cards? If not, approximately how much DKK would be needed? We'll be arriving in Copenhagen Friday, Sept 3 in the early morning, then doing the Ho-Ho bus to see the City, then departing on the Vision of the Seas the next day, Saturday, Sept 4, so from what I've read, probably no bus #26 option to get to the port.

If any of you are going to be Copenhagen Aug 20 -27 take the train to Malmo Sweden for the MALMO Music Festival . We happened upon it several years ago on our last night in Copennhagen post cruise. It was incredible. However your 24 hour train pass will get you there but you will need to buy a Swedish ticket to return back. Taking place across 15 stages in the centre of Malmo, this is the city's biggest free festival of the year which attracts some 1.4 million revellers each year. The eclectic programme includes music concerts to suit all tastes and ages, ranging from operatic performances to hard hitting hip-hop music sets and heavy metal bands. Food also plays a big part of the celebrations and every year the festival kicks off with the popular crayfish party at Stortorget. There is also a great mix of sports activities, theatre, film, a market and an amusement park making this one of Malmo's best events of the year.

CruisinEurope - Need your assistance. When in Copenhagen last month on the NCL Sun we used the Green Jump On - Jump Off Tour company. Our experience was not the best :mad: and I am trying to contact the company for a partial or full refund but the website given on the side of the bus is a general Discover Copenhagen site and not a site for the company. I would really appreciate it if you could find us a mailing address or email address for the Jump On - Jump Off Company that runs the Green buses.

If we were to do it again we for sure would use the Red Hop On - Hop Off tour company.

Thanks for any help.

You can email me direct at iflyrc5 at comcast dot net

CruisinEurope - Need your assistance. When in Copenhagen last month on the NCL Sun we used the Green Jump On - Jump Off Tour company. Our experience was not the best :mad: and I am trying to contact the company for a partial or full refund but the website given on the side of the bus is a general Discover Copenhagen site and not a site for the company. I would really appreciate it if you could find us a mailing address or email address for the Jump On - Jump Off Company that runs the Green buses.

If we were to do it again we for sure would use the Red Hop On - Hop Off tour company.

Thanks for any help.

You can email me direct at iflyrc5 at comcast dot net

iflyrc5 I would be interested to know briefly what the problem was as we intend using HO HO/jump on jump off buses. What is the basic difference between the 2 please as with limited time in port we do not want to waste time deciding.

Thanks for your post, Misty

We will be in Copenhagen on 8/10 to catch Star Princess. Then return on 8/20. I read about the "Clip card (10 tickets)" for either 3 zones or 2 zones.

1. Can someone clarify for me if this card is good for taking the train from the airport to the central station. I figured out that I could use it on Metro or bus, but wasn't sure about the "OR" train.

2. Can I use part of it on 8/10 and the remainder on 8/20?

Appreciate any quick response.

@andover46

The clip cards come in several versions: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9=all zones. For travel within Copenhagen city limits it's always 2 zones, for travel from anywhere within city limits to the airport, it's 3 zones. When you stamp your card you can ride on bus, s-train, regular trains and Metro within the area (zones) you have paid for. You can travel on a 2 or 3 zone card ride within a 1 hour period from the time on the time stamp. Within the 1 hour window you should be able to get to your destination. You can within this period make an unlimited number of free transfers between travel modes (bus, train, S-train and metro) no matter where the card was stamped. The card can be shared (you can stamp once for each person). The cards can also be combined in every possible way, e.g. if you want to make a 5 zone journey to the suburbs, you can stamp a 2 zone card once and a 3 zone card once. Even the individual stampings can be shared. An example: to the arport, it's 3 zones. Say you only have a 2 zone card and you are 2 persons. This card can be stamped 3 times, that is 6 zones, you share one of the stampings. There is one rule to remember: there is no such thing as a 1 zone journey, you always have to pay for at least 2 zones per person even when traveling entirely within one zone.

The cards themselves have an unlimited validity. The stampings are you "ticket", so this card can reside in you wallet and will be valid even if you come back to Copenhagen next year!

So to answer your questions: 1: Yes, the card is also valid for the train to the airport from Central station (remember, it's 3 zones to the airport). 2: Yes, the card can be used until you have no more stampings on it. The card does not need to be used within a certain time frame.

@andover46

The clip cards come in several versions: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9=all zones. For travel within Copenhagen city limits it's always 2 zones, for travel from anywhere within city limits to the airport, it's 3 zones. When you stamp your card you can ride on bus, s-train, regular trains and Metro within the area (zones) you have paid for. You can travel on a 2 or 3 zone card ride within a 1 hour period from the time on the time stamp. Within the 1 hour window you should be able to get to your destination. You can within this period make an unlimited number of free transfers between travel modes (bus, train, S-train and metro) no matter where the card was stamped. The card can be shared (you can stamp once for each person). The cards can also be combined in every possible way, e.g. if you want to make a 5 zone journey to the suburbs, you can stamp a 2 zone card once and a 3 zone card once. Even the individual stampings can be shared. An example: to the arport, it's 3 zones. Say you only have a 2 zone card and you are 2 persons. This card can be stamped 3 times, that is 6 zones, you share one of the stampings. There is one rule to remember: there is no such thing as a 1 zone journey, you always have to pay for at least 2 zones per person even when traveling entirely within one zone.

The cards themselves have an unlimited validity. The stampings are you "ticket", so this card can reside in you wallet and will be valid even if you come back to Copenhagen next year!

So to answer your questions: 1: Yes, the card is also valid for the train to the airport from Central station (remember, it's 3 zones to the airport). 2: Yes, the card can be used until you have no more stampings on it. The card does not need to be used within a certain time frame.

We arrive at the Copenhagen port with RC next week. We are staying an additional night at a hotel at the airport b/c our flight leaves at 8 am the next day. We have a 9 mo old and now I am second guessing how we would best get across town from the ship to the hotel to drop off our luggage before we return back inot town to explore. Thoughts, advice? Are we nutz!?!

chrismo1:

thanks for your very detailed explanation about the clip card. Does the ticket machine at the airport take credit card? or is there a window that I can purchase the clip card? only with cash (DKK) at the window?

Archived