I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

We are taking a Baltic cruise on NCL leaving Copenhagen on Aug 24. We tried but were not able to get extended days on the trip, so are hoping to cram in some sights between either setting sail on the 24th or when we get back on Sept 2, before we depart back to the US.

On other forums I've seen threads about luggage lockers available for rent in Copenhagen. Understand they are available at the airport and at a couple of train stations -- City Center and Osterport? Any way to verify where to find them and how much they cost? How big they are? The plan is to stash our bags someplace and roam Copenhagen for at least a few hours.

Hope to get some helpful tips.

I am sure that someone asked this question earlier and can lead me to some answers. Will be be in the city for only one day on a cruise. We are 4 seniors but active. What is the best way to see the city in this time frame?

We will be in Copenhagen in August leaving on the Emerald Princess on Aug 20th. I am a bit confused by some of the reading on here about the Canal Tours. there is one that is a part of the HoHO buses. and then I think I have read about ones that are DFDS Canal Tours and then Nette Baden Canal Tours. The last one seems to be cheaper. Is one better than the other and are they different from the HOHO canal tours Also can you buy tickets for them ahead of time. I have used Viator but am not sure what they offer is the same. Help??

Janteach we are planning on do the two day ticket DFDS canal boat and HOHO buses. That might interest you also?

http://www.canaltours.com/pricelist/freedom_ticket

24 hour train/bus ticket 130 DKK

Entrance at Frederiksborg Slot

60 DKK

50 DKK if you are 60+

Kronborg Castle

Ticket to cover it all = 95 DKK

The Royal appartments, Ballroom, casemates, Castle Chapel = 70 DKK

Casemates, Castle Chapel = 20 DKK

Danish Maritime Museum, The Telegraph Tower = 50 DKK

You take the S-train from Copenhagen Cntral station (København H) with line B this summer because of track repairs (not on this route), normally line E would be used.

This trip should take no more than 35-40 minutes.

Busses from Hillerød Station to the castle and back

301, 302 og 324 in almost 10 minutes time.

You can also walk from the train station in around 20 minutes.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aFo5K

BTW don´t miss out on the beautiful barock Garden behind the castle lake, its free.

A small local train will get you from Hillerød to Helsingør where Kronborg can be seen from the train station, this trip takes around 25 minutes.

The Øresund train will get you back to Copenhagen in around 45 minutes.

Danish Viking that is a great site. I have been able to find a number of reasonably priced restaurants thanks to the info there (and Google Translate :-)). Looking forward to my 3 days in CPH next month!

The website is unfortunately only in danish but google translate work most of the time even though you sometime gets some funny translations.

Hi Danish Viking,

My wife and I will arrive in Copenhagen on June 29 for a Baltic Cruise, and then on July 11, we will return to Copenhagen and have that day to explore the city before boarding the overnight ferry to Oslo, which leaves from DFDS at 1700 that evening. We will, of course have our luggage, which we would like to stow somewhere for that day before we board the ferry.

I understand that there are luggage lockers at the Central Station, but we would like to find someplace closer to the dock if possible. We have heard mixed messages about whether or not the luggage can be stowed at DFDS, which, I understand, is the debarkation point for the Oslo ferry. Can you confirm whether or not our luggage can be stowed there?

Thank you for the help.

Jerry (ColoTrvlr)

I can´t remember seeing anyone at the ferry terminal but if you email them maybe they will store it or can tell if there are any luggage boxes.

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/customer-service/denmark-norway-ferry/customer-service

And when you get the answer you are welcome to post it in this thread.

Remember that 20E is a free shuttle bus that will get you back to the terminal before departure, the bus departs from Kongens Nytorv.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

Mandag means monday so just look at the first timetable

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002020000&line_gid=9011200002000000&line_name=20E&tab_name=Afgange&journey_gid=9025200000001357#navigate

Hopefully someone can help me.

My husband and I are considering a cruise in late September from Copenhagen. Could someone tell me what travel arrangements are available from Gothenburg to Copenhagen train. I've found prices for air travel but I'm having a problem with what train to take and the cost in American dollars.

Thank you for any information.

My husband and I are considering a cruise in late September from Copenhagen. Could someone tell me what travel arrangements are available from Gothenburg to Copenhagen train. I've found prices for air travel but I'm having a problem with what train to take and the cost in American dollars.

You can book the train tickets at http://www.raileurope.com and choose one of the $57 trains. It takes 3h and 45m.

You can book the train tickets at http://www.raileurope.com and choose one of the $57 trains. It takes 3h and 45m.

Archived