I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Is there any relatively easy way to get from the cruise port in Copenhagen to Legoland? I am thinking of spending an overnight near Legoland and then flying home the day after the cruise from Billund since flights connect in London and there are tons of flights from London to New York. My only concern is how to get to Billund from wherever the Princess cruise docks in Copenhagen. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Is there any relatively easy way to get from the cruise port in Copenhagen to Legoland? I am thinking of spending an overnight near Legoland and then flying home the day after the cruise from Billund since flights connect in London and there are tons of flights from London to New York. My only concern is how to get to Billund from wherever the Princess cruise docks in Copenhagen. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

yep! two.

Plane (from CPH to Billund)

Train (from CPH to Billund)

You can use Kayak or any other flight search to look at flights, and then you can look at dsb.dk for train info.

Train is roughly 3 hours

Plane is like 45 mins.

Billund airport is LITERALLY right next to Legoland & LaLandia (indoor water park)

yep! two.

Plane (from CPH to Billund)

Train (from CPH to Billund)

You can use Kayak or any other flight search to look at flights, and then you can look at dsb.dk for train info.

Train is roughly 3 hours

Plane is like 45 mins.

Billund airport is LITERALLY right next to Legoland & LaLandia (indoor water park)

Thanks. I will check out the flight options.

But with the train you will have to take a bus from Vejle, Fredericia or Kolding to Billund.

If you want the cheapest deals on train travel in Denmark look on http://www.dsb.dk for the Orange tickets, but you will need a seperate bus ticket to Billund from Vejle or the 2 other cities.

A normal priced ticket will get you all the way to Billund so a orange ticket is not always the cheapest.

Only from Langelinie all week if you are docked at Freeport it will only be from monday to friday.

On both locations you will have to take bus number 26 but you can also take the S-train with a walk from Freeport to Nordhavn station or from Østerport station if your ship are docked at Langelinie.

Can the 10 trip train pass also be used for the bus? We are staying at the Hilton airport for 1 nite and want to see the little mermaid statue while we are there and plan on taking the train to downtown from the Hilton....am I correct that we need to take the #26 bus to see the mermaid...Thanks for this great thread!

Yes the card will cover all transportation in town.

Bus number 26 will take you close to the mermaid but Østerport station is also located at walking distance.

So the most easy way is to take the train and not the metro all the way to Østerport from thr airport.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Hi.

We will be arriving on the Star Princess in Copenhagen on 5/12/2010 and have to be in

Budapest, Hungary for the May 16th-May30th Viking River Grand European Tour. That gives us 4 nights to spend spit up between these two wonderful cities.

What would be your budget recommendations for a place to stay and things to see with limited time.

What is the name of the cruiseport as it is listed on Google maps? I can find the airport but I can't tell where the cruise ships dock.

I am trying to figure out whether we want a hotel near the airport or one near the cruise dock.

Glenn:cool:

We are a group of 6 arriving on May 22, 2010 on the Star Princess. We would like to know the best way to get from the cruise terminal to the Marriot Hotel in Copenhagen. Are taxis in short supply when a ship arrives? How do we find out which cruise terminal we are arriving at?

Chris

hi, I am wondering the answer for the reverse trip--party of 6 from the Marriott to Freeport (on a SAt--so no No. 26 bus). We like the cheapest way (other than walking)--we have only 3 medium suitcases.

Also, I see that the HO-HO bus used to have a cruise shuttle route--but it looks like they discontinued for 2009?

Lastly, upon return, we have a 7 PM flight--any place to store luggage for the day in downtwon Copenhagen on a SAt? If not, could we realisticly walk around to a few tourist spots with 3 medium rolling bags? thanks, Elaine

CruisinEurope and Danish Viking: I'm very grateful to both of you for the information you have provided on this thread. It was invaluable in helping us navigate Copenhagen, find our way easily, use public transportation and select hotels and restaurants. People were very friendly and helpful. We certainly hope to return to Scandinavia for a longer stay at some time in the future.

Best wishes to both of you.

DH and I will be staying at the Bethel next month prior to our T/A back to Ft. Lauderdale. I will post our review when we return. They have been very quick in responding to e-mail inquiries.We spoke to a couple who stayed there and they said it was clean and comfortable,breakfeast was decent and it is within walking distance to many things.

Keeping fingers crossed-

Claire

As promised here is my review of the Bethel Hotel:

We decided to take a taxi from the airport. The hotel is on a corner and the sign is very small. There is an approx. 8 stair climb to the front desk.

Our large corner room(room 122) was ready when we arrived. There is an elevator so no luggage struggle. The room was about 10x14.Very bright and clean. The room is definitely "simple" in american standards but again clean and the beds were very comfortable. Pillows on the soft side.

The shower/bathroom area-clean,tiled and again no frills. I would suggest to trial the shower handles.the one on the left for strength and the right handle for temperature control. They also provide a squeegy for after the shower floor cleanup.

There is a hairdrier but I found it to be not so great to dry my short hair.

The breakfeast room has tea and coffee available all day. The breakfeast foods were breads.muffins,cereal, yogurt and selection of thin sliced meats and cheese.

The canal ride is 5min. away as well as the Hop on-Hop off bus.The walk from the hotel to Tivoli is about a mile if walking the Stroget.

We spent 2 nights there and we would stay there again.

Happy Cruising,

Claire

We will be visiting Copenhagen again in May, 2010 and are thinking about trying to get to the Kronborg Castle. Would we need to use a private guide or is there available public transportation to Elsinore? If we need a private guide, do you have any recommendations? thank you,

Sharon

You do not need a private guide for Kronborg Castle. There are trains to Elsinore (Helsingør) every 20 minutes from Central Station (travel time 45 minutes). These trains also call at Nørreport and Østerport Station. From Helsingør Station, Kronborg is a 15 to 20 minutes' walk (approximately 1 mile) the castle is open from 10:30 to 17:00 in May (at least it was so in 2009). There are guided tours in English at 11:30 and at 13:30 (and at 11:00 and 13:00 in the casemates). Try to get on one of these tours! There are different ticket types wich give admission to different sections of the castle. I recommend the ticket which includes Royal Apartments – Ballroom, Casemates – Castle Chapel (ticket 2). check http://www.kronborg dk. Click the British flag for English.

Thank you so much for remembering my request for a review of the Hotel Bethel. We are also booked into one of the large corner rooms and now know what to expect. We will, also, be prepared to climb the steps to the front desk. (Not necessarily great for two old ladies with luggage, but we will manage.) :( Also appreciate the information on the distance to the canal ride and the Hop on/Hop off bus as we will only have the one day or afternoon in Copenhagen (depending on when we get there) and it will be our only chance to see the city. Only one other question....how was the view from the hotel room?

Hope you had a great cruise Claire and again, I really appreciate you getting back to me. Pat

@ gsrunyan

The cruise ports in Copenhagen are Langelinie pier and Freeport terminal.

There are not really any hotels near the cruiseports, only Adina located close to Langelinie.

@ reynoldswrap

It depends on how many oplaces you want to see.

If you buy the CPH Card you can just use the tourist bus route called the city circle line, instead of the hop on hop off busses.

@ seedawgs

Your ship will arrive at Freeport terminal and normally there are enough taxis but this year there was problems with not enough taxis, but this was because of some road constructions at the port entrance that did it difficult to have a steady flow of taxis (and busses) to the many cruise ships.

@ elaine5

The most easy way is to walk from Marriott to the central station, this will take 10 minutes.

From here you will take any S-trains from track 9 and 10 heading north towards Farum, Holte, Hillerød and Klampenborg.

Then you will get off at Nordhavn station and walk from there to the cruiseport, you can see the ships from the platform so you know where to walk.

When you return back to Copenhagen you can just keep you luggage at the Central station.

@ treesah

I am very glad to see that you had a good time in wonderful Copenhagen and i would be happy to help you again if you choose to visit DEnmark again.

@ DreaminginFlorida

It is good to hear that you had a wonderful stay in Copenhagen (or atleast at the hotel)

Btw.

I have been busy for a while so that is the reason for not looking into this thread so often but i will try to look here more often.

Archived