Sailed NCL recently?

IWORK2CRUISE

Hi,

We sailed on NCL Dawn last month and were hoping to receive one of those thank you letters with an upgrade or OBC offer for a future cruise.

In the past I have received offers that I was unable to make use of but this time I really do want to plan a cruise soon.

Just wondering if anyone know whether this is still being done....??

We were on the Star in February and put $250 down for a future cruise. We received $100 shipboard credit on that cruise. I know they made announcements about putting the deposit down and I think there were some papers delivered to the stateroom. This had to be done while on your cruise. We used it towards the cruise to Alaska on the Pearl this August.

We got a certificate for a free upgrade in the mail (I can't remember how many categories) about three months after our PofAm cruise. We didn't use it because we picked the exact cabin we wanted and had it already booked - we loved our cruise so much that we booked our next cruise a week later (also to avoid the fuel surcharge that went into effect on December 1st).

We sailed the first week and January and have yet to recieve anything. Still, we booked a cruise on the Jewel for January just two weeks ago. An upgrade certificate would be great as there was no past passenger special rate when we booked...

the upgrade coupon we got says a 1 catagory upgrade, but acutally for a 1 leve upgrade within a catagory of cabins...the small print goes on to say "inside to inside, OV to OV or balcony to balcony, excludes suites".

it's nice, but nothing to get too excited about.

we will see how good it works, we have to book by sept 1st to use it.

the upgrade coupon we got says a 1 catagory upgrade, but acutally for a 1 leve upgrade within a catagory of cabins...the small print goes on to say "inside to inside, OV to OV or balcony to balcony, excludes suites".

we will see how good it works, we have to book by sept 1st to use it

My GF and I also received this coupon after our last cruise on the Spirit however since we booked a suite we received a $100 OBC instead which will cover dinner a a bottle of wine

Thanks for all of your replies.

We also purchased the Cruise Reward deal so we got the 100.00 OBC on our last cruise and have a 250.00 deposit towards a future cruise.

We were just hoping to find some extra values before we make our decision.

I did see that there is big NCL sale for this Thursday so I will be sure to check it out.

Hi,

We sailed on NCL Dawn last month and were hoping to receive one of those thank you letters with an upgrade or OBC offer for a future cruise.

In the past I have received offers that I was unable to make use of but this time I really do want to plan a cruise soon.

Just wondering if anyone know whether this is still being done....??

I cruised the Dawn last December and I DID get a thank you card with an upgrade certificate. The card came about 3 months after my cruise.

we will see how good it works, we have to book by sept 1st to use it.

We got the latitudes upgrade postcard about 6 weeks after our February cruise on the Spirit. We applied it to our February 09 cruise on the Dawn, and received $90 credits per cabin since we were already booked in the highest level balcony cabin (the aft BA's on deck 10).

We used them in the past as well, if you want to keep your existing cabin level, they will credit you for the difference in the cabin level below you. Doing that saved us about $40 per cabin on our upcoming Gem cruise at the end of this month.

Hi Iwork: I had read about the thank you letter and certificate here on cruise critic. I had not received one from our previous cruise. I called NCL customer service and told them I had not received one and they sent me one in the mail almost immediately. However, I was not able to use it when I booked this upcoming cruise because I booked through CAS at a great rate.

I've had upgrade letters and phone calls on trips I'm booked for. It doesn't always happen. When it does, sometimes it's good and sometimes no great shakes. For example: If you have say an inside cabin and they offer you a two-level upgrade, that just means an inside cabin on a higher floor. To me if they are going to upgrade you, it should feel like an upgrade. This isn't just with NCL either.

Da Bear

we will see how good it works, we have to book by sept 1st to use it

My GF and I also received this coupon after our last cruise on the Spirit however since we booked a suite we received a $100 OBC instead which will cover dinner a a bottle of wine

So how did you arrange this? Did you just tell them you had the upgrade certificate that you didn't want to use and they offered the OBC?

Archived