Waterslide on Pacific Sun

Bell0407

Odd question I know but does anyone happen to know how tall you need to be to go onto the waterslide on the Pacific Sun. We are booked with our 2 children who are both excited about the slide and I've just found out about the height restriction. Not sure how I will explain to Miss 6 if she can't go on it!!!!!!!!!

i dident see a hight restriction any where but if there is

i dont think p&o forces it that hard because all they had was a p& o staff member up the top yelling at peoples going on the slide on there belly and stuff and threatning to take hem off the slide and have no more turns

i remember seeing kids most ages on it as long as they can swim them self

if any one can help more please do

There is a limit but I can't remember exactly what it is. I've just looked through my photos of our 3 Sun cruises but I can't find a photo of the sign with the limit on it. From memory I would guess it's about 4 ft, but someone who has cruised with children on the Sun will know for sure.

I have seen it enforced though.:eek: :eek:

Jenny

There is a board with the height level drawn on it..about a metre I think (it didn't have the height in cm written on it)...There is another at the top of the slide, and that one is shorter than the one at the bottom.

We had a very disappointed young boy who got through the bottom, but wasn't allowed through at the top. He was six at the time and average height for his age.

They were stricter when it was very busy.

We have seen them enforce this. One of my favourite things was to veg up on deck and people watch. I loved watching all the activity on the waterslide. Both kids and big kids. :D

On our last cruise on the Sun a dad was taking his 4 - 5 year old daughter up the slide with him, sitting her on his knee and both sliding down together. The little girl had floaties on.

It looked heaps of fun and they were really enjoying themselves and slid down over and over again.

Then the next day they both climbed up to the top ready for another hour of sliding fun when they were turned away. There was a different crew member on duty at the top of the slide and he wouldn't let them play.

Very unfair. They were both really upset and the little girl was crying. It made no difference. They didn't slide.

I would love to see a waterslide on the Dawn. It is a real feature of the Lido deck and my big kid would be able to play with the other kids. (sorry Phil for telling) :p

Ha, ha. I haven't seen the sign at the top.

Jenny

that is so funny jenny, as neither have I:D

It is not the slide that worries me , more the very cold water you hit at the bottom. This ex pom needs almost bath water to entice me to get in

I too was surprised when P&O didn't put the water-slide onto PD. It is undoubtedly one of Sun's best features. I guess there would be significant strengthening works involved in putting in the slide which may have made the cost prohibitive but it is not impossible given the extensive works Carnival are currently carrying out on their Fantasy class ships where they are adding an entire waterpark at the stern of the ships to lengthen the lives of these vessels.

Just found it in the conditions when I was looking for something else.

Children must be over 122cm. It's in the written conditions, but not the on-line ones. Must have been taken out for some reason. :confused:

I see you found the thread:p :D

Ha, ha. I haven't seen the sign at the top.

Jenny

Hi there,

Ther is one at the top it is like a little barrier they swing it out, you have to be at least that height, my husband (big kid) decided to make sure he was tall enough to slide. mmmm men, this was last week, we diembarked on Wednesday in Auckland.

Hi there,

Ther is one at the top it is like a little barrier they swing it out, you have to be at least that height, my husband (big kid) decided to make sure he was tall enough to slide. mmmm men, this was last week, we diembarked on Wednesday in Auckland.

I think Jen hasnt seen the sign because she has never ventured up there:D

Icy

Archived