Say NO To Bicycle Shuttle Victoria

Just say NO to the younger dark haired guy that has the bicycle service from Ogden Point (Cruise ship Terminal) Victoria BC to the City Centre. He will simply put try to rip you off. He will give you one price and a higher price & a sad story when you get half way. Don't pay and We recommend that you pass on him totally.

If this was a Kabuki Cab, they are a fairly large company with many cycles

on the road. It doesn't seem fair to give such a general description of your

experience when it appears to have only involved one individual. Why not try

to resolve this with the employer before making such a general condemnation.

No generalzation here. We were there in Victoria only 6 hours no time to do it then. I have followed up by e-mail to his employer and they know who he is by the description and date and time. They also told me they would take the appropriate action and sounded like I may not have been the first person to call on him. They did apologize and offered to make it up to me. Since we are not out anything I told them that I expected nothing and it was more of a courtesy e-mail than anything.

The original post was simply to warn others about his scam tactics and in no way an attack on his employer.

If this was a Kabuki Cab, they are a fairly large company with many cycles

on the road. It doesn't seem fair to give such a general description of your

experience when it appears to have only involved one individual. Why not try

to resolve this with the employer before making such a general condemnation.

The original post was simply to warn others about his scam tactics and in no way an attack on his employer.

I understand, but the very title of your thread has condemned the entire Kabuki Cab company; they are very popular in Victoria and every summer, many thousands of people have wonderful experiences with them. Although they can be the bane of Victoria drivers' existence (that, and the Tally Ho horse-drawn carriages!), they can't all be painted with the same brush. It was a sweeping generalization, IMO.

But... glad the employer was so gracious with you and offered you compensation. Sounds like a very professional and courteous thing to do.

Hope you'll not hold this against Victoria, and come back again some day; I lived there for 35 years before moving and she holds a little piece of my heart. :)

I agree I in no way wanted to condemn the entire company. I am sure this was a problem related to the individual not the entire company. We found the people of Victoria to be some of the most friendly overall that we have encountered on our number (8) of cruises. We are looking forward to returning to stay in Victoria for a few days soon. We are doing some research on the hotels there and deciding when would be a good time of the year to go ? Like most from our ship we saw The Empress Hotel (Fairmont) and it looked like a place we would like. We didn't get to see the Orcas' but saw one of the tour companies and it looked like a blast. Any tips on hotels and things to do would be appreciated. We took the city tour but didn't get to the garden tours that would be #1 on our list.

Like I said earlier the company was more than helpful in resolving the matter. I own my business as well and realize that one employee can really hurt your companies' reputation. I think I have made it clear that the manager was very helpful and offered more than I expected. I will give them another chance the next time I return to Victoria.

I understand, but the very title of your thread has condemned the entire Kabuki Cab company; they are very popular in Victoria and every summer, many thousands of people have wonderful experiences with them. Although they can be the bane of Victoria drivers' existence (that, and the Tally Ho horse-drawn carriages!), they can't all be painted with the same brush. It was a sweeping generalization, IMO.

But... glad the employer was so gracious with you and offered you compensation. Sounds like a very professional and courteous thing to do.

Hope you'll not hold this against Victoria, and come back again some day; I lived there for 35 years before moving and she holds a little piece of my heart. :)

Sorry you had a bad experience. I have used the service in the past and found it to be wonderful. I'm sure they will reprimand the one individual who obviously is greedy and not a 'team player'.

Like most from our ship we saw The Empress Hotel (Fairmont) and it looked like a place we would like.

Well, it does look grand and the name is prestigious, but honestly, I would never stay there (sorry, no offense to anyone intended!). It is very old and the rooms are small. I used to work with the manager's son some years ago and they lived in the hotel. Not great - he couldn't wait to move out. ;)

Check this forum for Victoria hotel threads - there are many others in the heart of downtown, or you could certainly rent a car for a few days and get out of the downtown core to a more reasonably-priced area. Just sayin'. :p

Thanks,for the information. This is why we ask? We also have used tripadvisor as it has been reliable in the past when selecting hotels.

Well, it does look grand and the name is prestigious, but honestly, I would never stay there (sorry, no offense to anyone intended!). It is very old and the rooms are small. I used to work with the manager's son some years ago and they lived in the hotel. Not great - he couldn't wait to move out. ;)

Check this forum for Victoria hotel threads - there are many others in the heart of downtown, or you could certainly rent a car for a few days and get out of the downtown core to a more reasonably-priced area. Just sayin'. :p

Archived