Seabourn Pride in Bergen today

Martita B.

Thanks Martita for the web cam link, I am now getting seriously worried about the weather and sea conditions for my 28th June Norwegian Fjords cruise

Not sure if i will have enough luggage for full wet weather gear, ski suit etc and now sick bags!!!

deb

Deb

Hopefully by June 28th the seas will have calmed!:p If not, just contact Nursey Elisabeth ~~she'll "fix" you right up!:D And consider buying a beautiful woolen Norwegian sweater while you're visiting. (I surely wish I had taken mine while I was in Norway in May ~~we nearly froze to death)

I have several good friends that will be aboard during your Norway cruise ~~Miss A. (Pride Queenie) will celebrate her 1,500 days aboard the Sister's during this time. A real milestone~

Have lots of fun and please post a review upon your return.

Martita B.

Thanks Martita I'm still hoping that I will be able to wear shorts (it might be a bit nippy beyond the artic circle!!!)

I will definately post a full review on my return

Is Miss A the lady with all the teddy bear?

deb

Deb

Miss A. keeps her teddybears and critters in her window ~~her Suite is on Deck 4 and usually faces the piers so I'm sure you've seen her decorated window.

I think Captain Dexter will still be aboard ~~also Mr. Lulu, HotMan. You'll enjoy both ~~

MB

Hi Martita

I know who you mean, with all the teddy bears, I will say hello

Do you know who is the cruise director? I believe that Luca will be the Maitre'D?

Thanks for the info on the Captain and Hot man

deb

Deb

The Pride will leave Bergen in 1 hour (10:00 p.m.) if you'd enjoy watching her depart ~~~

I noticed in the Bergen webcam it's still daylight!

Martita B.

Hi Martita

thanks for letting me know about the departure will have a quick look and for the info on CD

deb

Deb

I'm guessing the CD will be Tony Markey (Matt Brown is aboard the Spirit) Tony is an excellent Cruise Director and is soooo much fun! We all enjoyed him in March on the Pride TA Cross.:p

MB

Hi Martha!

Frank Freeman is on the Spirit at the moment as far as I know. I received an email from him this week from the Spirit. It will be his final contract.

Marja

Marja,

Thanks for the update ~~I am sorry to hear of Frank's last contract. I had an e-mail from CD Michele and she's indeed shoreside for now. She wants/needs to be available for her Mother.

As I think Michele is one of THE most talented of the Seabourn Cruise Directors I hope she returns to us.:D

Hope all is well across the pond!

Martita B.

Marja,

Thanks for the update ~~I am sorry to hear of Frank's last contract. I had an e-mail from CD Michele and she's indeed shoreside for now. She wants/needs to be available for her Mother.

As I think Michele is one of THE most talented of the Seabourn Cruise Directors I hope she returns to us.:D

Hope all is well across the pond!

Martita B.

Thanks for asking Martha! I'm doing quite well! As I say nowadays: "Most things are well!"

I did make a mistake however in my earlier message. I was right that Frank Freeman is on the Spirit now, but wrong in mentioning that he is doing his last contract. I must have misunderstood his words, because after his holiday he will be happy to return to Seabourn and so will I! Frank is a great performer and a wonderful cruise director. I'm happy I had the pleasure of sailing with him and we got to know him as a very friendly person.

Marja

Thanks for asking Martha! I'm doing quite well! As I say nowadays: "Most things are well!"

I did make a mistake however in my earlier message. I was right that Frank Freeman is on the Spirit now, but wrong in mentioning that he is doing his last contract. I must have misunderstood his words, because after his holiday he will be happy to return to Seabourn and so will I! Frank is a great performer and a wonderful cruise director. I'm happy I had the pleasure of sailing with him and we got to know him as a very friendly person.

Marja

Hello Marja,

The Pride has a new Cruise Director named Nick. He is a lovely young man!

I have to say, that weather was miserable that day in Bergen. Something yiou can´t see is the Vistamar close the Opera. Aalesund was cancelled due to strong wings, and the capitan announced that we proceeded to Bergen, and that later on the day, we had to go again to open see, to go around a peninsula. No way to get in the middle of the Fjords.

After securing glasses, glass doors, and telling the passengers, that the weather won´t be nice for a few hours, we headed to the storm. At 11:00 I was at a lecture on the Lounge, and bang....a first wave impacted. It was a bit rough, but let´s say....I ENJOY EVERY PART of storms. I am a bit freaky, I know.

I didn´t find it particularly scarry. I found the ship particularly stable. I stayed in my cabin, making pictures of the waves hitting the ship....It was amazing. The rest of the cruise cruising was really smooth. I suppose from Olso (where I got off), to Copenhague was great too.

Archived