Q about bedding (CB)

DonnaK

OK - I've been reading various reviews and comments, and I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Is it true that a duvet is provided on the bed, however there is no top sheet placed between you and the duvet? Can we believe that the duvets are laundered each week? If not, what do you all do, because I can't imagine that everyone's ok with sleeping in direct contact with a "used" duvet. Yuck!

I suppose I can ask the steward for a top sheet and clean blanket, and have the duvet removed since it's probably too heavy/hot anyway. Is this best requested upon arrival, or can it be arranged in advance?

How about the bedding on the upper berths? Do they have a top sheet and blanket, or only a duvet too.

The duvet cover is laundered but not the duvet itself. The duvet can be hot so we ask for a top sheet as well. We also have the bedspread removed for the entire cruise. That's where the yuckies are.

The duvet is enclosed in a sheet-like liner, which presumably is washed with the sheets themselves.

Thanks for your reply. Having the duvet cover laundered each week sounds a lot less gross then the way I initially understood the situation.

The duvet cover is laundered but not the duvet itself. The duvet can be hot so we ask for a top sheet as well. We also have the bedspread removed for the entire cruise. That's where the yuckies are.

There is both a duvet and a bedspread?

I'm confused. :confused:

Is there a duvet (the filler) and a duvet cover (the casing for the duvet itself)...zips or buttons on?

Thanks.

The bedspread is put on during the day. The duvet is put on when your bed is made up for the night. It is kept in a large plastic bag under the bed!

Have to laugh at myself. I suppose I should have left off the zipper or buttons thing, but I was attempting to describe a duvet cover as it seems there's been reference to the duvet with the cover as the same thing, not as 2 separate things. Is this even now more confusing?

In other words, this is a duvet:

sewnthrough_s.jpg

This is a duvet cover:

T11243745.jpg

In reading all of the posts, I will assume that there is a duvet with a duvet cover on the beds. :D :D :D

Honestly don't remember, but think it buttoned!

To clarify based on our recent CB cruise:

There is a bedspread on the bed when you first arrive in the cabin.

This is replaced by a duvet in a duvet cover (envelope-type) at bed-time.

Most cabin stewards continue to put the bedspread on the bed during the day and the duvet in its cover on the bed at night. Sometimes I've asked them to leave the duvet on during the day because I want to have a nap...:)

Have to laugh at myself. I suppose I should have left off the zipper or buttons thing, but I was attempting to describe a duvet cover as it seems there's been reference to the duvet with the cover as the same thing, not as 2 separate things. Is this even now more confusing?

In other words, this is a duvet:

sewnthrough_s.jpg

This is a duvet cover:

T11243745.jpg

In reading all of the posts, I will assume that there is a duvet with a duvet cover on the beds. :D :D :D

Correct:)

This is a european style of bedlinen.

In the UK you have Duvet and Duvet Covers and no top sheet.

It is actually easier to make the bed in the morning!

You just shake the duvet.

You launder the cover only each week then have the duvet drycleaned occassionally.

Different than in the US where you have top sheet and comforter.

Comforter is completely different from a duvet.

(From a Brit Expat living in the US.)

I've found, for me, the perfect weight sleep covering is a top sheet and an EMPTY duvet cover. I wonder if I could ask the steward to do that? I'll never understand why they use duvets for tropical cruises.......:p

Archived