Our final check list - first cruise

garyhartaz

For the last several weeks we have been reading and reading and reading and reading....you get the point.... and we have come up with the following checklist for our first cruise and it happens to be on the Carnival Pride:

- Arriving one day early in to Long Beach

- Arrive at the QM before 10am for early check-in

- We have pre-ordered an anniversary package which should be setup in the room when we arrive.

- A bottles of liquor will be packed in our "checked" luggage...I'm glad we are vodka drinkers since I'll fill a couple of plastic water bottles just in case.

- I am packing a small bungee cord for our balcony door, a duffle bag for dirty laundry so we can pack gifts, etc in the hard shell, asprin..etc., and I am on the fence when it comes to the duct tape :confused: .

- When we arrive on the boat, we are going to drop our carry on and then head out to explore and setup our on-ship activity reservations (dinner club, spa, etc.)

- We have already setup our hourseback riding and other activities by booking directly thanks to the experience of forum mebers here :D.

- Most of all...Relax and enjoy the experience.

Is there any other advice, items we might want to consider? Any recommendations for the entertainment on the ship? We are in our mid 30's so the clubs (drinking/dancing), comedy, etc...???

We thank each and every one of you that have shared your experiences and we look forward to reporting our first cruise...

Gary & Adrienne

www.garyhart.com

Late night comedy is pretty good but jokes can get old. Another thing is to check out the club nights you like, sometimes it changes based on the ship. May not want to get stuck partying to rap when the night before you could have alternitive. I am not sure if it is like this on every ship, but so for the ships I have been on it has.

Ok have to know what the bungee is for... Don't want to forget anything on my first cruise! :p

From what we have read and the pictures that have been posted, a small bungee cord allows your balcony door to stay open. Last night I found a post where someone used a butter knife wedged in the door jam to keep it open. :rolleyes:

Ahhh Gary, I'm glad you are so excited for your first cruise. You sound like me last year when we boarded the Conquest for our first cruise. Boy, did we learn a lot! I had researched the boards for months, every single day up to that cruise. I'm glad I did. It helped tremendously. Never used the bungee chord though b/c I cannot stand humidity and leaving the balcony door open only let in horrible, wet humidity. This time of year might be less of that!!

I will add that the most fun we had was in the karaoke bar. Very unexpected pleasure. We didnt contribute ourselves, but we loved the festivities in there and it was always PACKED!! People were always bummed when they closed down for the night.

You will have a great time. Don't forget to post a review!!!!!!!! I'm on the Pride in March.

Christi Q.

You may not want to forget the febreeze for the smell. Both, ships that we have been on occasionally pass a sewage smell in the hall and sometimes the room and we found this to help. Plus, I like the idea of the fresh smell on my pillows at night.;)

If you drink much in the way of soda, bring it with you. Either packed in your luggage or in an ice chest. We took a roll-on ice chest filled with our sodas and bottled water. The room steward filled it with ice twice a day. It saved a money and was convenient to always have it there.

Be sure to meet up with the cruise director, Greg Kneale and tell him Kathy says Hi! Greg is very entertaining. You should enjoy his shows.

Archived