The one day sale ????

alinnj

Called last night (pre sale) got a quote for 2 rooms. $899 each. Talked with my friends and called back (Sale Day) for the sale price! Now the rooms are $1199 each :confused: Was told by a Supervisor that sorry but we can't help you as we opperate like an airline and prices change from day to day even though there is a sale ....... I feel as though I should have been told that they could have gone up even WITH the sale. The Supervisor was to the point and had a stern voice.........Wasn't left with a good felling

Is this the norm for NCL ??????:(

it is a category upgrade sale valid on Insides, OUtsides, and balcony's.

We just booked a BA for the price of a BE and saved a very pretty penny.

It also includes a TON of sailings, and not just a few like their previous "one day sale".

??????????

I don't know about others but I am planning to check out the "One Day Sale" on June 12 which is tomorrow.

BiggestSale_header2.jpghy

I was quoted the one day sale prices by the CS agent for today the 12th

Seems they raised thier previous rate :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was quoted the one day sale prices by the CS agent for today the 12th

Seems they raised thier previous rate :eek: :eek: :eek:

i booked with an online TA yesterday - they had the "one day" sale going since the 10th.

it was the same price on the 10th, 11th and now today too.

I only checked NCL yesterday prior to booking with the TA - - who saved me about $300 vs. going directly through NCL.

i booked with an online TA yesterday - they had the "one day" sale going since the 10th.

it was the same price on the 10th, 11th and now today too.

I only checked NCL yesterday prior to booking with the TA - - who saved me about $300 vs. going directly through NCL.

Guess you got lucky, my rates went up as posted above and to top that off I had a CS agent with attitude:eek: :mad: Not good ......

Guess you got lucky, my rates went up as posted above and to top that off I had a CS agent with attitude:eek: :mad: Not good ......

Guess I got lucky as well. :)

Called our TA on the 11th and got just about $300 off our cruise even though it said for new bookings only. Didn't want an upgrade, we like our cabin so we're happy with the lower price.

Cruise rates are like airline rates, if you do not confirm a booking, the rates are subject to change and go up or down. This is a common pricing tact within the travel industry. It is not specific to NCL so you could be posting this same experience on a Princess, Holland, Carnival, ect...board.

Cruise rates are like airline rates, if you do not confirm a booking, the rates are subject to change and go up or down. This is a common pricing tact within the travel industry. It is not specific to NCL so you could be posting this same experience on a Princess, Holland, Carnival, ect...board.

True, however the CM I talked with could have been more polite ! I was only asking what happened in a nice way. She acted like I was bothering her. Even claimed she was listening in on my conversation the night before with the agent ???? Very arrogant and matter of fact :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not a people person at all. Those who deal with the public should not act in this way. I said nothing in my conversation to make her act this way ..............................

True, however the CM I talked with could have been more polite ! I was only asking what happened in a nice way. She acted like I was bothering her. Even claimed she was listening in on my conversation the night before with the agent ???? Very arrogant and matter of fact :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not a people person at all. Those who deal with the public should not act in this way. I said nothing in my conversation to make her act this way ..............................

I never cease to be amazed at the difference between the NCL office staff (arrogant, inefficient and forgetful) and the crews on the ships themselves (polite, friendly and going out of their way to give you top service). I have written to NCL about this, but of course, never received an acknowledgement. I will however continue cruising with NCL, based purely on the magnificent crews.

Dave

I never cease to be amazed at the difference between the NCL office staff (arrogant, inefficient and forgetful) and the crews on the ships themselves (polite, friendly and going out of their way to give you top service). I have written to NCL about this, but of course, never received an acknowledgement. I will however continue cruising with NCL, based purely on the magnificent crews.

Dave

Dave, I've heard this before and it's quite unfortunate. I've never had a rude customer service agent - they've all be quite polite - including the folks at the shore excursion desk. However now I no longer need to deal with them as I have a PCC. My PCC is terrific - answers my questions - is very helpful. Perhaps you could ask to have one assigned to you?

On our first NCL cruise I booked directly through NCL. We booked our next cruise, while on our first, and had a PCC assigned to us. He's been great and extremely helpful. When we called in our final payment for our next cruise in August (a week or so early) he had my DH hold while he checked to see if he could bring down the price once again (he had already done that twice and we saved a pretty penny overall - each time at my behest - I saw the price drop and emailed him - he took care of it within 24 hours).

Just a thought.

One more thing - we have also found the staff on the NCL ships to be wonderful. And I include everyone in that...from the folks who sign us in on the dock, those dreaded (;) ) photographers, housekeeping, waitstaff, gift shop, buffet folks...everyone.

Archived