In room entertainment - jesting

cf_chuck

On two of the last three cruises, HAL has shown Titanic. The first time I thought it strange, given a cruise.

Going with the flow, in addition to Titanic, I also suggest Perfect Storm and The Poisidon Adventure. To fill out the time, I suggest replays of "Deadliest Catch". Any other recommendations?:D

I'm surprised to hear they showed Titantic.

I was in the Explorations Cafe once looking through the list for video rentals. I noticed that there were no "disaster" flicks available for rent. I asked the woman at the desk about it and she said they would never have films about sea disasters available for rent because it just wouldn't be a good idea.

I found that humorous ... but guess I could understand where she was coming from. After all, you wouldn't want a bunch of hysterical passengers if the ship hit some rough seas or whatever.

But, man ... Jaws would be good. I think I would enjoy sitting in the cabin some night out in the middle of the Pacific watching that one. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm surprised to hear they showed Titantic.

I was in the Explorations Cafe once looking through the list for video rentals. I noticed that there were no "disaster" flicks available for rent. I asked the woman at the desk about it and she said they would never have films about sea disasters available for rent because it just wouldn't be a good idea.

:)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Maybe they don't have the disaster movies available for rent but Titanic was shown in the ship's movie theater (before it went to DVD and PPV)and they packed them in !

There was an officer on board one of my cruises that was a Titanic buff and he gave lectures during my cruise. He showed me an interesting book, "Polar the Titanic Bear". The author survived the Titanic along with her son and his stuffed bear "Polar". In the book the bear tells the story of the disaster and how he survived.

(Please don't ask who, because I don't remember who it was.)

Murder she wrote, the case of the Lounge Chair Hog.....

Ruth & Jim

I think you're onto something here. From the posts and the issues brought up here, there is a whole series that could be developed. It's unlikely that the CLIA would appreciate the result. :eek:

Ahoy!

Our favorite is Tornatore's "Legend of 1900". For those that would enjoy a fictional tale of cruising of bygone days this one is a definite "thumbs up".

We've brought our copy aboard for the past 3-4 years to view on a sea day afternoon. Always a winner (room servcie cheese & fruit platters + champagne/wine required).

Enjoy!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

On two of the last three cruises, HAL has shown Titanic. The first time I thought it strange, given a cruise.

Going with the flow, in addition to Titanic, I also suggest Perfect Storm and The Poisidon Adventure. To fill out the time, I suggest replays of "Deadliest Catch". Any other recommendations?:D

We had the same thing on one of the cruises not long after Titanic was released. I thought it rather odd. However, there I was..... watching it during my pre-late dinner rest period....LOL.

Archived