Snorkeling

brnsnbrws

This is a crazy question but do you take your own snorkle gear? I have a very strong aversion to putting something in my mouth that has been in someone else's mouth and in this case it would be a total stranger's if I used the gear at the snorkeling excursions. Do they allow you to bring your own? Also are the lifejackets at these places regular lifejackets or are they the blowup kind? Again I couldn't put my mouth on it to blow it up. This is just a "quirk" of my mine. I have been this way all my life, I don't even drink out of a can or glass even after a family member. I know I can find the snorkeling gear anywhere but if I would need to bring my own blowup lifejacket what type of store would I go to.

This is a crazy question but do you take your own snorkle gear? I have a very strong aversion to putting something in my mouth that has been in someone else's mouth and in this case it would be a total stranger's if I used the gear at the snorkeling excursions. Do they allow you to bring your own? Also are the lifejackets at these places regular lifejackets or are they the blowup kind? Again I couldn't put my mouth on it to blow it up. This is just a "quirk" of my mine. I have been this way all my life, I don't even drink out of a can or glass even after a family member. I know I can find the snorkeling gear anywhere but if I would need to bring my own blowup lifejacket what type of store would I go to.

Hi,

Yes, many people bring their own snorkel equipment on excursions. For hygene, fit and comfort. So you can pick up a mask, fins and snorkel and be set to jump in. As far as lifejackets, most provide them and in some places it's manditory for you to wear one. If you have issues, with blowing on a stem that others may have used you can pick one up for the trip as well. They look similar to the picture below and you can google "snorkel vest" and get a bunch of on-line retailers who sell them.

BLRSV.JPG&size=2&dhm=89c29121&hl=en

Randall

After seeing how the snorkels were sanitized, we purchased our own equipment after our first cruise five years ago. I am almost blind without my glasses, so I ordered lens to my prescription. Works swell.

You can buy some inexpensive gear for starters unless you think there might be chance of using it more often. We went online and ordered some really nice mask, fins, snorkels and gear bags, and then last year I talked the DW into a couple of safety vest. Everything fits into a backpack especially made for the gear.

Archived