Renewal of Vows - Webcam

resstation

I've read that there is a webcam in the chapel. We are renewing our vows in October and would love to have our family back home witness the ceremony. How do they know when and how to watch the webcam? I tried looking up the information but couldn't find it anywhere. I tried calling Princess but was on hold and gave up. I figured if the fine folks at CC couldn't answer the question, no one can.

Thanks in advance!

I've read that there is a webcam in the chapel. We are renewing our vows in October and would love to have our family back home witness the ceremony. How do they know when and how to watch the webcam? I tried looking up the information but couldn't find it anywhere. I tried calling Princess but was on hold and gave up. I figured if the fine folks at CC couldn't answer the question, no one can.

Thanks in advance!

They can view the wedding chapel cam and bridge cam for your ship here:

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/

I'm not sure about when they would watch, but I'd bet that as you get closer to departure Princess can give you a more definite time for them to tune in for your vow renewal. You might check these threads for more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=683305

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=670189

Renewed vows on the Crown Princess Sept 07. We were not notified of the day or time until after we were at sea. We had friends who just renewed and it was the same for them. I would guess you may have to email them with date and time.

The vow renewals are held on an "At Sea" day. It usually ends up being a formal night as well. Weddings are held at 11:00, 2:00 and 3:30 during the sea day. Vow renewals are after that. Go check out the Wedding and Honeymoon board here on Cruise Critic and search for Vow Renewals. Several people have posted long reviews and advice about their own experiences.

Someone else posted the link to the webcam. Be sure to look for the wedding cam for the ship you are sailing on. Also, be aware the webcam only updates every two minutes so people watching at home will only get bits and pieces of the ceremony. You would be better off bringing a video camera and asking someone to hold it for you and film it.

Archived