Grand Princess E720

owtrspace

I can't remember my exact cabin number off hand .. but I was in a mini-suite E?? on the Grand last year ... all I remember is it was the cabin next the big wrap around balcony cabins. Unfortunately I had to get ear plugs because there was an awful sqeek happening plus the noise from the Vista Lounge below in the evenings was a little bit loud at times (only when we came back to the room before 10:30 pm when there was a show going on). If you are an early bird ... this might not be a good location for you. All in all it was fine, but something I wish I had know before I booked.

I stayed in this cabin on the Grand in 2002, I really liked this mini-suite! When you are out on your balcony, you can look directly into the water, no other balconies blocking your view. It's also very private as the balcony is covered. I didn't notice any more movement due to its aft location, however, it is directly above the Vista Lounge and we did hear the crew practicing for the evening show in the afternoon, it was not loud and it didn't prevent me from taking an afternoon snooze and I'm a light sleeper. We were not in our room in the evening, so I can't comment if it's noisy during a show.

Emerald deck is where all the life boats are kept, so you will be able to see and hear them lowering the boats on port days.

Love the mini-suites on the Grand Class ships! Plenty of closet space, loved the full size tub in the bathroom, the sitting area and of course the wonderful, private balcony.

Due to its aft location, you will have a long walk to your cabin. I only minded the walking distance on formal nights, because I was wearing high heels!

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Rose :D

Archived