Bermuda on Crutches?

wesp

DW is on crutches whilst her achilles tendon heals. We're taking a Bermuda cruise as a getaway since we had to cancel a longer land trip.

So what can you suggest for first time Bermuda visitors with mobility issues?

Wesley:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I would look into taking a taxi tour....great way to see the island without "hoofing" it around. They are usually 3 - 4 hours long. Could be shorter, if you prefered. Do this the first day/morning....then it might give you an idea of what else she might be up for doing/able to do your remaining time there.

Well, the only advice I could offer you is secondhand, since I leave this Sunday and have never been to Bermuda before! I know that there is an amazing ferry and bus system, and you can buy a 1, 2, or 3 day pass. The 3 day pass is $28 per person, and the passes allow you to use the ferries and buses unlimited. Good luck!

We leave on Saturday for Bermuda. DH has mobility issues. There is an access Bermuda website and we have a tour scheduled with a private operator. Sorry about your DW but enjoy. I am sure these are not conditions she wanted, but you will still be able to enjoy the trip. This is our first trip to Bermuda also.

I would definitely plan on using the taxis. It will be a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Going on buses is fine, but when you are on crutches with a full bus, it would be a pain in the patuttie!!!

The tour of the island is a great idea. They are actually pretty good and not bad in cost if you set it up as a tour for a set amount. If you decide that you want to do an activity on another day, hire the taxi and then make sure you arrange for a pick up at a certain time.

Archived