Plans so far.....

#4'smom

Firstly, this board has been very helpful with our planning. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

We sail in a little over 2 weeks on the Carnival Pride and so far we have the following plans for our shore days. Would love some input or suggestions on what we have planned and any answers to the questions I have. We are a group of 7 - Ages: Grandma-69, DH-55,Myself-45, DD-19,DS-18,DS-16 & DD-14

Puerto Vallarta: We have Los Veranoes Zipline booked for 11am (Grandma is doing the transportation only). Then off to the Krystal Vallarta for drinks, food, swim and hopefully a "couples massage".

Questions:

1. What did you wear for the massages? Bathing suit or au natural??

2. Do you pay for massage, food & drinks at the Krystal with pesos or american $.

3. What would be fun to do ashore in the early evening as our ship sails at 10pm?

Mazatlan: Stone Island on our own.

Questions:

1. Where is a good place to eat?

2. Is there a place to get a parasail ride?

3. Are there water taxis readily available to take us back to the mainland?

Cabo: Medano Beach

Questions:

1. How do we get to Medano Beach from the cruiseship dock?

2. Fun restaurants or other fun activites for the teenagers?

3. Any other suggestions (as we're open to them) for a fun day?

Thanks again for any help you can be to us, as I want this to be the trip my kids never forget!!!!!

Puerto Vallarta: We have Los Veranoes Zipline booked for 11am (Grandma is doing the transportation only). Then off to the Krystal Vallarta for drinks' date=' food, swim and hopefully a "couples massage".

[b']Questions: [/b]

2. Do you pay for massage, food & drinks at the Krystal with pesos or american $.

3. What would be fun to do ashore in the early evening as our ship sails at 10pm?

1. My wife is a prude and went au natural. It is your personal choice and do what is comfortable for you.

2. Krystal Resort and Millenium Massage are two different business entities. Food & drinks at Krystal can be paid for with either USD's or pesos. I assume that Millenium Massage takes both. We use pesos & pay cash when on a land vacation. The price list is in pesos and there is an internet discount if you pay cash (implies you can use your charge card). http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

3. Head downtown (el centro) and just walk & gawk. Eat on the ship or head downtown for sunset dinner on the beach or whatever. Maybe a sunset cruise??? http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/sailing-tours/sunsetsail.html

Enjoy!

Puerto Vallarta:

They will leave you in privacy after instructing you to remove your clothes and cover up with the provided towel. I had no problem with it as I'm not all that modest, but if you prefer I'm sure a bathing suit would be fine.

We have always paid for everything (both massages and food/drink) at Krystal with US dollars, no problem at all.

Cabo: Medano Beach

1. How do we get to Medano Beach from the cruiseship dock?

You can take a regular taxi or a water taxi. I think the water taxis are much more fun, but you need to be prepared to jump out in a couple of feet of water.

2. Fun restaurants or other fun activites for the teenagers?

There are lots of fun restaurants right there on Medano Beach where you can use their beach chairs if you eat or drink there. Cabo Wabo is fun too.

As recently as December, the Millenium Spa wanted US dollars (you were charged more if paying in pesos). I suppose it's possible they have changed, with the devaluation of the dollar, but I would check before converting my dollars to pesos.

The Krystal actually (usually) gives a decent exchange rate. In fact in December (when we stayed for 2 weeks) we didn't find it worthwhile to exchange money elsewhere.

As for dress (or lack of) during the massage...personally, I think it would be a shame for the gluteus maximus to not get the maximum effect of the massage.

Archived