ohioNCLcruiser to leave NCLA

I was just looking at James' blog and found that he is at minimum taking a leave from NCL - maybe permanently.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be 20 and off persuing opportunities and dreams around the world.

I'm 48 and my big plans for the day are to make brownies.

Check out his blog page.

www.shipblogger.com

I was just looking at James' blog and found that he is at minimum taking a leave from NCL - maybe permanently.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be 20 and off persuing opportunities and dreams around the world.

Check out his blog page.

www.shipblogger.com

Sad to hear! It's always frustrating when you see positive employee's leave any company. Unfortunetly in this day and age there is no loyality from large companies and vice versa.

I"m sure he will be missed by a lot of fellow staff members and certainly CC posters.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain

HAHA!

That made me laugh! :)

Best of luck to James! I always enjoyed his insightful and entertaining posts from "the inside"!

Sad to hear! It's always frustrating when you see positive employee's leave any company. Unfortunetly in this day and age there is no loyality from large companies and vice versa.

Who says it's a loyalty issue? Anyways, as far as that goes, I understand from crew members that NCL takes good care of their own and treats them like family. Of course there's loyalty!

As James states, for now it's a leave not a resignation. He is young and has every reason to chase his dreams and other opportunities. Besides, he no doubt is going on leave under good terms. Another contract is probably his for the asking.

So after thinking for a long time I have decided to take a leave from NCL America. Ending my rotation early was a difficult decision but I think of it more as a leave then a resignation. I need to spend a few months at home doing some other projects and pursuing another opportunity. There is a large chance that I will be back in October thats why I just call it a leave.

Be well James and keep in touch!

Check out his blog page.

www.shipblogger.com

And, I was at the same point you are at... several years ago:) And, believe it or not...I WANT those days back. The brownies, candy lollipops, girl scout leader, boy scout leader, homework, teacher conferences, ccd teacher, secret santa at school, etc. Heck..I'll even take the diapers and fevers... I know, exhausting!

Maria Shriver has a new book out "Just What Will You Be"...for adults and children.

I still haven't purchased it but it is highly recommended...want to purchase it for my "last" college graduate (and for myself).

And I recommend "Who Moved The cheese" (hope I got the title right)..which I still keep reading.

Enjoy making the brownies...time goes too fast;)

And, I was at the same point you are at... several years ago:) And, believe it or not...I WANT those days back. The brownies, candy lollipops, girl scout leader, boy scout leader, homework, teacher conferences, ccd teacher, secret santa at school, etc. Heck..I'll even take the diapers and fevers... I know, exhausting!

Maria Shriver has a new book out "Just What Will You Be"...for adults and children.

I still haven't purchased it but it is highly recommended...want to purchase it for my "last" college graduate (and for myself).

And I recommend "Who Moved The cheese" (hope I got the title right)..which I still keep reading.

I have give others perhaps 20 copies of "Who Moved My Cheese" It is clear that James keeps his sneakers at the ready and spends time in the maze of life making sure he knows where the next source of cheese is located. :)

Thanks, I'm actually happy with the brownie making weekend. My son just graduated from high school and we went to a few parties this weekend for some of his friends. Next week is his party so maybe more brownie making next weekend - though I'll probably have a little more to do than just that.:)

I did read an obituary one time and it said the woman was known for her brownies. I told my husband that if he couldn't find anything more than that to say about me I would haunt him forever.:D

Archived