QM2 10/10 Westbound & 16/10 Eastbound - in tandem with QE2

sw18

My partner & I are booked on this QM2 roundtrip - there are sizeable roll calls over on the main forum already, but thought a pre crossing FOD meeting was in order :)

Hi there!

I am also on this sailing! However we arrive that morning with the QE2 at Manhattan, have a short day in New York and than transfer to QM2 in Brooklyn

Cunard has always got a good percentage of gay passengers on board, I would imagine a lot this trip!

Reint

Hi Reint,

I guess we'll have lots to talk about in the Commodore Club - my partner is a QE2 nut & I've sailed on Polarlys without the tourists and the aurora borealis every night after passing Bodo on the way north.

There is definitely something about crossings whether they are the cruise ships repositioning or the QE2/QM2 that attracts "the boys" - even on our last crossing on a small ship last November 7 out of the 66 passengers on board were gay.

Roll on the 10th of October! :D

Marcus

Hi Reint,

I guess we'll have lots to talk about in the Commodore Club - my partner is a QE2 nut & I've sailed on Polarlys without the tourists and the aurora borealis every night after passing Bodo on the way north.

There is definitely something about crossings whether they are the cruise ships repositioning or the QE2/QM2 that attracts "the boys" - even on our last crossing on a small ship last November 7 out of the 66 passengers on board were gay.

Roll on the 10th of October! :D

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I look forward to those cocktails in the Commodore Club!

I have never sailed on the QM2 and am really curious about it. It will be quite a change after having disembarked the QE2 in the morning and embarking on QM2 the same afternoon.

What are you plans for NYC? I have heard Cunard will arrange luggage transport from Manhattan to Brooklyn. It'll be a very short day in NYC, hopefully enough to do lots of shopping :) . What's the latest time to check in at Brooklyn?

Reint

A Pound driven shopping extravaganza is just as fun! :D

I believe Cunard offer a complimentary sightseeing bus tour for QM2 roundtrippers (at least that's what Cunard in Southampton told us) but I think I will be doing my own thing - I've not been to Century 21 for over 7 years & Pottery Barn/Crate & Barrel will be getting visits as we have a new home to furnish. My partner on the other hand will be at the top of the Empire State spotting the QE2 if he's not on the quayside taking photos of her!

• 1 month later...
Hey how are you? Why are you not onboard Peter. Would be nice to meet up for cocktails in the Chartroom again :-)

Reint

Hi Reint - I was tempted - but my friend (Jon - you met on the winter crossing) wanted to try the QM2 - and I have such great memories of the QE2 I did not want to risk spoiling that......but I'll be waving from the QM2.....

Peter

Hi Reint - I was tempted - but my friend (Jon - you met on the winter crossing) wanted to try the QM2 - and I have such great memories of the QE2 I did not want to risk spoiling that......but I'll be waving from the QM2.....

Peter

Are you westbound on the QM2 only? Shame we miss each other. Well Ernie is with us on the Westbound QE2. Send my regards to Jon!

Reint

• 4 weeks later...

Archived