Accessible Cruise Review

TheRoff

At the urging of my good wife, we have put up a small web site to report on the accessibility of cruises we have taken and vacations we have been on. We start with a review of the Queen Mary 2 on a cruise to the Caribbean. As time permits, and retirement is looming, we will add more reviews. We look forward to input for improvements.

http://roffee.org/cruise/cruisereview/cruisepage1.mht

Fabulous! I like your new website and the review of the QM2. Only people that have experienced travelling with a disability can accurately describe the facilities and issues they encountered. I only wish that reviews like yours already existed for the cruises that we plan to take in the future. :o Thanks for taking the time and effort to put your website together.

Is there someone you could have asked about the reasoning behind Cunard's tender policy? I understand in places where tides are a problem or the receiving dock doesn't measure up. But if they cannot help transfer a passenger on calm seas for ports how are they going to get us in to tenders in emergencies.

Lemonaid: Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed making the pages, and I just hope we take the time to add more.

NorthernLite: I do believe Cunard is aware of the issue, but I do not know how it will be resolved. I beleive that in a true emergency of the magnitude to abondon ship that wheelchairs and mobility devices would be the last to be put on a tender and that those of us who can't walk would be carried on in some manner.

Lemonaid: Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed making the pages, and I just hope we take the time to add more.

NorthernLite: I do believe Cunard is aware of the issue, but I do not know how it will be resolved. I beleive that in a true emergency of the magnitude to abondon ship that wheelchairs and mobility devices would be the last to be put on a tender and that those of us who can't walk would be carried on in some manner.

I would hope. It just seems in this age of surcharges for everything we should get rebates on port changes if this is solely for their convience.

And thank you for doing this! I truly believe the more disabled tourists are seen by locals where we visit that access improves for the local population.

Archived