Review GEM Western Med 5/25 - 6/1

wednesday

What language are the announcements in on the Gem?

Annouoncments were in several languages for our cruise, Spanish first then English, German and usually French. It takes quite awhile to get through the announcements and also the lifeboat drill!!

I think instead of French the 3rd announcement was in spanish for this cruise. I agree it takes a while.

Annouoncments were in several languages for our cruise, Spanish first then English, German and usually French. It takes quite awhile to get through the announcements and also the lifeboat drill!!

Yes it's me:D and my goal is to go back and hug another one! This was taken at Cudlee creek in the Adelaide hills (South Australia) We went in 2006 spent 2 days in Sydney (visited the Blue Mountains and a wildlife park there as well as the Taronga Zoo) then we went to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island (which is a must because you can walk on the beach with wild sea lions, see the fairy penguins and we even saw a wild koala there!) last place we visited was the outback towns of Roxby Downs and Andamooka. I should mention that I have an Australian friend and we were able to stay with him and his family most of the time, it was fantastic and we will go again. We love Australia and the people and wildlife there!

Sorry to get off-topic, but I have to ask,

To the original poster (Wednesday) - is that you in your avatar holding the Koala? If so can I ask where that was?

When we went Australia 5 years ago we visited the Cairns Tropical Zoo during the day and the Night Zoo in the evening. While there we were able to get pics holding the Koalas (among other animals).

The night zoo was a phenominal time. http://www.cairnsnightzoo.com/home.htm

To this day, that is still the favorite trip for all of us, especially our 2 sons who LOVED the night zoo. They constantly beg us to go back!

Forgot to mention that the night zoo looks like TONS of fun!! I think we will try to visit some other places like Cairns when we go back.

Sorry to get off-topic, but I have to ask,

To the original poster (Wednesday) - is that you in your avatar holding the Koala? If so can I ask where that was?

When we went Australia 5 years ago we visited the Cairns Tropical Zoo during the day and the Night Zoo in the evening. While there we were able to get pics holding the Koalas (among other animals).

The night zoo was a phenominal time. http://www.cairnsnightzoo.com/home.htm

To this day, that is still the favorite trip for all of us, especially our 2 sons who LOVED the night zoo. They constantly beg us to go back!

Archived