Samantha Brown and Carnival thursday

boatdoc

Her whining? The only whining Ive seen is in this thread LOL!

Well since i watched a bit more than half before falling asleep.. I can attest to the whinning I viewed..

Whinning about being sober

whinning about being noticed

just as someone else stated, hokey

Poor Samantha... she looked so bored after all of her fun RCCL cruises. She probably asked for double the salary for having to do a show on this ferry.

Oh comon.. you know you're just dying to cruise this ship.. you want to so badly!

Better get ready for it.. because when Oasis and the floating sod bankrupt RCCL you might just have to cruise this ferry...:D ;)

Well since i watched a bit more than half before falling asleep.. I can attest to the whinning I viewed..

Whinning about being sober

whinning about being noticed

just as someone else stated, hokey

She was joking:rolleyes: Guess you have not seen many of her shows.....

I believe that is exactly what they were trying to show. Letting people know that you can get away and have a nice relaxing adult weekend.

She even mentioned that with flashes of the party scene and kids all over the place. She mentioned that she opted out of that and wanted a more quite get away place. Hence the serenity area and spa;)

You can't compare this show with the Freedom show. That was a show about a brand new mega ship with all the bells and whistles and they wanted to show that. This was part of a series of relaxing weekend getaways........

I enjoyed the show but hey, I enjoyed the Holiday too ;)

I believe that is exactly what they were trying to show. Letting people know that you can get away and have a nice relaxing adult weekend.

She even mentioned that with flashes of the party scene and kids all over the place. She mentioned that she opted out of that and wanted a more quite get away place. Hence the serenity area and spa;)

You can't compare this show with the Freedom show. That was a show about a brand new mega ship with all the bells and whistles and they wanted to show that. This was part of a series of relaxing weekend getaways........

You took the words right out of my mouth. I liked the show and it was different than the RCI show thankfully. I liked how she showed different things on the ship to do than on RCI or other cruise ship shows. I didn't think this show was much different than her other weekend getaway shows....It was about just that--a weekend getaway!!:eek:

....I just watched the show (had it taped)....I wanted to watch it before I read the threads about it & thank goodness I did or I would have never watched the show....good grief...it looked to me like she was having a blast!!! They showed everything they said they would....the slide, the Serenity area, the Spa, etc. It was a short 4 day relaxing cruise. Granted it would be nice if she gets to go on one of the bigger ships but that wasn't what this show was about. I think she is funny.

HAPPY SAILING

She was joking:rolleyes: Guess you have not seen many of her shows.....

I watch as many of her shows as I can. I like her. I think she's very cute and entertaining. Normally when i watch one of her shows, I am salivating at the thought of going where she was...she makes every place look so appealing and my list of places I must see has grown enormous since I started watching her shows.My feeling about last nights show was not the same. She did not seem into that cruise at all. And she was making snide remarks left and right...and she does not normally do that. It was not her 'normal' humor at all.

Never before has a show of hers highlighted the attention she gets when people recognize her. If you broke down last nights show, the majority of it was her and people recognizing her and her complaining about it.

I guess if I hadn't already sailed that ship and seen it in a different light, I would NEVER book it.

If I had never cruised before, that show would have not enticed me in the least to try it.

LOOK:

Even the RCI people who watched the show are sympathetic to carnival after that horrid show. They even thought it was bad. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=795682

I thought it was a great show. I don't understand all the negative responses.

I did this exact same cruise. I had a fantastic time despite screwing my back up and having to spend a night sleeping on the floor...

It's not supposed to be a huge adventure filled cruise. It's FOUR DAYS... It's a get away. It's a chance to be on a ship at sea for a few days and just relax.

I thought it was a great show, too. I also thought that the shots of the WaterWorks and the slide were fantastic. I'll take the slide over a skating rink any day...

:)

It's not supposed to be a huge adventure filled cruise. It's FOUR DAYS... It's a get away. It's a chance to be on a ship at sea for a few days and just relax.

I thought it was a great show, too. I also thought that the shots of the WaterWorks and the slide were fantastic. I'll take the slide over a skating rink any day...

:)

Do you think last night show would sway someone that has never cruised to give it a try?

Ultimately, that is the only reason to for Carnival to have her on the ship.

Several non cruises that I talked to werent impressed.

I thought the show was good.

But I watched it after reading how everyone was trashing it over on the RCCL boards. This thread I'm reading after watching.

I didn't see much difference in her attitude. Just more skin. And a little taken back at her "celebrity". Had never seen her like that before.

And being she was staying in one of the two best suites on the ship, I was disappointed they didn't show it.

I do wish they showed more of the promenade. I't been many years since I've been on a Fantasy class ship, and I wanted to see the "enhancements". Never actually made it onto this ship, as we wanted to go on the ship that had the pizza. So we did the Imagination twice. And when we returned, found they had added the pizza to this ship already.

Live and learn. :rolleyes:

I thought the show was ok. I am also not the biggest Samantha Brown fan. I liked seeing the behind the scenes stuff, but thought maybe the show would have been better if she had a little less "special treatment" stuff like dinner with the officers, a balcony on a ship with very few of them, the making candy roses and doing the ice carving herself. It didn't really give people the flavor of a Carnival cruise. Most cruisers on that ship will never experience that stuff. I never got the "feel" of Carnival and it's atomosphere that I've gotten on each of my cruises. Maybe because the audio was mostly canned music and Sam talking about stuff other than the cruise and not the sights and sounds of a cruise?

I was amused by the Cozumel excursion. Right after they showed the shot of the large crowd on that tiny beach getting ready to snorkel she all of the sudden was lounging by herself and then taking off for the other side of the island? Got the impression she was somehow either fed up with the crowded ship tour or didn't want to mingle any more with the masses. :confused: I've heard she's actually very nice, but that's how it came off - it seemed a little snotty if you ask me. But she really didn't seem all that thrilled on the excursion.

Overall I'm glad I watched it but wouldn't rush to tune in again. We are considering a Fantasy class sailing so it was neat to see the waterworks and serentity areas but other than that I felt like I got no feel for the ship at all - the ship itself or the activities.

Do you think last night show would sway someone that has never cruised to give it a try?

Dunno... but, I'm betting that it will generate a lot of bookings. There wasn't a thing on that show that wasn't appealing.

If someone looks at that show and says... 'nope... that's not for me' then they're beyond hope...

I thought the show was good.

But I watched it after reading how everyone was trashing it over on the RCCL boards. This thread I'm reading after watching.

I didn't see much difference in her attitude. Just more skin. And a little taken back at her "celebrity". Had never seen her like that before.

And being she was staying in one of the two best suites on the ship, I was disappointed they didn't show it.

I do wish they showed more of the promenade. I't been many years since I've been on a Fantasy class ship, and I wanted to see the "enhancements". Never actually made it onto this ship, as we wanted to go on the ship that had the pizza. So we did the Imagination twice. And when we returned, found they had added the pizza to this ship already.

Live and learn. :rolleyes:

From what I saw was in a Cat 11 on the Verandah deck... nice cabins but not exactly a 'suite'...

Are you sure ? It looked like one of the obstructed view cat 11's on the Verandah deck to me, and not all that desirable. No privacy from the forward Lido deck outside walkway, and looking out to that lifeboat.

I re-watched it to be sure, and did some research on the deck plans.

The cat. 11 would have the divider between the balconies, hers had the railing all the way around. The owners suites would also be the only ones that would have a view of the pool area, which hers did in one shot. Also, she was looking down onto the top of the lifeboat, which would put her one deck above Verandah, on Sports Deck where those suites are. Those people yelling at her were on the area with the stairs that lead up to the mini golf area on Sun Deck. If you are there, you can look right at the Owner Suite balconies. Which kinda sucks, figuring the huge price people pay for those things.

I assume the hallway shot was staged, since there is no hallway in front of those rooms, they open right into the atrium. Plus, Im sure Carnival doesn't want everyone asking about those rooms, since they can only bee booked through "certain channels".

EXACTLY!

You have to look at it through a cruise virgin's eyes.

Dank/dark hallways..no entertainment or nightlife was highlighted (excpet her singing at the piano bar :rolleyes: )

They didn't show the interior of the cabin, yet they showed that horrible obstructed view off her balcony as they pulled away from the ugly port.....

anyone who has never cruised would get truned off pretty quick.

IPlus, Im sure Carnival doesn't want everyone asking about those rooms, since they can only bee booked through "certain channels".

If Carnival or any company has a product, there is no downside to showcasing it. I think that is one thing Royal and NCL always does when they have a camera crew on, they show off the best suite on the ship.

I watch as many of her shows as I can. I like her. I think she's very cute and entertaining. Normally when i watch one of her shows, I am salivating at the thought of going where she was...she makes every place look so appealing and my list of places I must see has grown enormous since I started watching her shows.My feeling about last nights show was not the same. She did not seem into that cruise at all. And she was making snide remarks left and right...and she does not normally do that. It was not her 'normal' humor at all.

Never before has a show of hers highlighted the attention she gets when people recognize her. If you broke down last nights show, the majority of it was her and people recognizing her and her complaining about it.

I guess if I hadn't already sailed that ship and seen it in a different light, I would NEVER book it.

If I had never cruised before, that show would have not enticed me in the least to try it.

LOOK:

Even the RCI people who watched the show are sympathetic to carnival after that horrid show. They even thought it was bad. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=795682

You hit the nail on the head.. she seemed bored and was whinny and the snide remarks.. totally not like her in other shows i have seen. i know i keep using that word.. but i cant describe it any other way...

I did fall asleep because i was bored...:)

I re-watched it to be sure, and did some research on the deck plans.

The cat. 11 would have the divider between the balconies, hers had the railing all the way around. The owners suites would also be the only ones that would have a view of the pool area, which hers did in one shot. Also, she was looking down onto the top of the lifeboat, which would put her one deck above Verandah, on Sports Deck where those suites are. Those people yelling at her were on the area with the stairs that lead up to the mini golf area on Sun Deck. If you are there, you can look right at the Owner Suite balconies. Which kinda sucks, figuring the huge price people pay for those things.

I assume the hallway shot was staged, since there is no hallway in front of those rooms, they open right into the atrium. Plus, Im sure Carnival doesn't want everyone asking about those rooms, since they can only bee booked through "certain channels".

OK, I've looked at some exterior photos and the deck plans again, and now I agree with you. The highlighted sentence above is what sold me.

I've never seen one of those suites, but I sure as hell hope the interior is great, because the balcony sucks !

You hit the nail on the head.. she seemed bored and was whinny and the snide remarks.. totally not like her in other shows i have seen. i know i keep using that word.. but i cant describe it any other way...

I did fall asleep because i was bored...:)

I'm going to watch it again, if I have time.

I remember from the first minutes, when she was boarding, she looked dissheveled and tired.

They obviously got on the ship late...she nearly missed sail away and rushed to her cabin.

Maybe she was just NOT in the mood to work that weekend. :confused:

I guess even her job can get old.

I understand why you can't describe it. She was not herself.

She looked positively irritated.

I've never seen one of those suites, but I sure as hell hope the interior is great, because the balcony sucks !

TOTALLY agree.

I'm going to watch it again, if I have time.

I remember from the first minutes, when she was boarding, she looked dissheveled and tired.

They obviously got on the ship late...she nearly missed sail away and rushed to her cabin.

Maybe she was just NOT in the mood to work that weekend. :confused:

I guess even her job can get old.

I understand why you can't describe it. She was not herself.

She looked positively irritated.

Maybe she was not feeling well?

Archived