Food and wine shore excursions

kidoctr

Hello Fellow Foodies - Seth and I love great food and look forward to eating when we travel just about as much as sight seeing! I'm always hunting for 5 star restaurants, tasting menus, and great wine pairings whenever we travel. I combed through a lot of threads in this forum but haven't come across any discussions about great food/wine shore excursions. We're heading to the Eastern Mediterranean on Celebrity's Galaxy in August and I've booked a "enogastronomic tour" with Italy Limousine Luxury Car Services in Naples. Our cruise also includes Sicily, Ephesus, Santorini, Rhodes, Mykonos, and Athens. We're also considering Celebrity's Messina wine tour.

At any rate, care to share your food/wine shore excursion stories? Recommendations? Experiences? Tips?

Well, we've booked the Messina wine tour through Celebrity on our cruise. I got a proposed itinerary from Italy Limousines for Naples: pasta factory then mozzarella farm, lunch in a local restaurant, Pompeii, Positano, and Ravello if we have time. Yum! Can't wait! :D

Nobody else has food related shore excursion experience to share???

Archived