When are boarding times?

Jacky4

Are boarding times the same for all ships? It says on my documents the boarding times are 12:30 to 2:30. I thought for sure we had more time to board in the past.

WOW! what ship is that??? Never seen that time allotment before

Are boarding times the same for all ships? It says on my documents the boarding times are 12:30 to 2:30. I thought for sure we had more time to board in the past.

For the earlier sailings, departing at 4 PM you can normally board about noon or a bit earlier. I've been on board at 11:15.

The narrower window is caused by CBP's requirement that cruise lines provide them with a complete manifest of passengers at least one hour prior to scheduled departure time. If anyone is late boarding it delays departure by at least an additional hour...

It depends on departure time.

We leave at 4pm, and the documents say to arrive between 12:30pm and 2:30pm.

Generally speaking, it's very common for the ship to start boarding 30-60 minutes before that time. Personally, I am planning on arriving at the port at 11am.

For the earlier sailings, departing at 4 PM you can normally board about noon or a bit earlier. I've been on board at 11:15.

The narrower window is caused by CBP's requirement that cruise lines provide them with a complete manifest of passengers at least one hour prior to scheduled departure time. If anyone is late boarding it delays departure by at least an additional hour...

Mach that was changed recently to 90 min. (At least that was the notice from RCCL) That would make the 4 departure at 2:30. I guess they can't tell people boarding time is at 2 anymore, would make boarding 2-2:30:eek:

Mach that was changed recently to 90 min. (At least that was the notice from RCCL) That would make the 4 departure at 2:30. I guess they can't tell people boarding time is at 2 anymore, would make boarding 2-2:30:eek:

Yeah... the reg requires 60 minutes... All of the lines are using 90 minutes to create a bit of a buffer...

Gotcha!

Here's a Carnival reference for ya'...

Important Embarkation Arrival Advisory and Embarkation Processspacer.gifGovernment regulations for U.S. departure ports require that a final departure manifest is submitted 60 minutes prior to departure. Guests must provide us with the required information prior to embarkation. The easiest and most convenient way is to complete our FunPass on line registration process (www.carnival.com/mycruise) at least (3) three days prior to departure. Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Embarkation_Arrival.aspx

Are boarding times the same for all ships?...

no. and, in fact, they aren't even the same for the same ship.

boarding times will vary according to the particular sailing.

the start times on the tickets are general windows.

if a ship comes in (from the prior sailing) without incidence having delayed it for any reason, and if it clears customs quickly (and again, without incidence), they will start embarkation as soon as they get the pax from the previous sailing off. this can be very early sometimes.

they want to start the embarkation process as soon as possible, though you cannot (and shld not) go to your cabin until the stated time (usually 1:30) so as to allow the cabin stewards to clean the cabins from the previous sailing.

if the ship is delayed from its previous sailing, or if clearance is held up for any reason, you cld conceivably be stuck standing in line for hours.

Yep, I just checked my documents for next month and they give me a check in time of 1:00 - 3:30 and the ship sails at 5:00. However, I'll be there long before 1:00pm. I don't mind standing in line. I consider that part of my cruise.:D

Archived