Conquest Supper Club - Is it Worth it?

rcarrosq

A large group of us is going on the Conquest in Dec, leaving out of Galveston in Dec. This will be our 11th cruise and we've never gone to the supper club. Its our 40th wedding anniversary and I was thinking it might be nice but was wondering if its worth the extra cost.

Anybody have any info on the supper club experience? Thanks in advance

If it is anything like the Supper Club on the Valor, its TOTALLY 100% worth it! ESPECIALLY for a special event. I might have to say it was one of the best meals I've ever had! :p I had a sushi appetizer (been obsessed with sushi ever since-but have not found any as good), Filet mignon, and a cheesechake dessert. Plus they give you little freebie apps and desserts "compliments of the chef". Will totally do it again on all future cruises! Give it a try...

We were undecided as to whether or not we wanted to spend the extra money when we were on the Legend last fall. On one of our sea days, the Golden Fleece opened for a wine/food pairing event - $15 per person. We did decide to go to that, and booked a reservation for dinner on our way out. It was WONDERFUL! It took us about 2 hours, but everything from the drinks, to the appetizers, to the duo playing music, to the service, to the food was outstanding. We were on the Destiny in April, and were disappointed to discover that they didn't have a specialty restaurant, but we are looking forward to our Legend cruise this fall so we can repeat the experience! I say go, and enjoy being pampered on your anniversary!

Silc

Absolutely positively go for it - esp for such a special occasion. I had enjoyed the supper club on both the Liberty and the Miracle and trust me - you won't be disappointed. But be prepared to roll out of there :D:D

I ate at the Supper Club on the Valor and the main course was delicious! I especially recommend it for a special occassion. I'm not that fancy of a person though, and I got tired sitting through the dinner. But I'm so glad that I did it once. I say go for it!

If it's like the SC on the Glory, it's worth every penny!! I had one of the best Tenderloins in my life, and the Lobster Bisque was heavenly. Next cruise we go on, were going to the SC at least 3 times, the food is so much better than what you get in the dining room.

A large group of us is going on the Conquest in Dec, leaving out of Galveston in Dec. This will be our 11th cruise and we've never gone to the supper club. Its our 40th wedding anniversary and I was thinking it might be nice but was wondering if its worth the extra cost.

Yes i just got back Sunday 15th from my Conquest cruise we did the supper club on tuesday night It was the best dinner I have had. very very worth the extra cost of $30 each.

One of the best meals I have had. Well worth $30. Don't forget to tip, they will earn it.

Definetely worth it. Especially for an occasion like your anniversary.

We went on our Conquest cruise in Feb and another couple got engaged at the supper club that night. Very romantic.

The food, sevice and setting were all fantastic.

When they tell you to plan on 2 hours believe it.

Have a great time and congratulations.

Wheres Lugers? Anything like Bern's?

Peter Luger's is in NYNY. Like Bern's but many/most would say, even better.

Carnival's supper clubs are only a vague approximation of places like Luger's or Bern's. But the supper clubs ARE GOOD and the prices are only a vague approximation of L's or B's prices.

Dan

I could never see why one would want to pay extra money to eat at a supper club when you have good food for free, Boy was I wrong. On my last Conquest cruise I ate at the Pointe and it was great. The food was great, the service was great. Well worth the extra money. So go for it. You won't regret it.

Robb

Poster-In-Chief

I could never see why one would want to pay extra money to eat at a supper club when you have good food for free, Boy was I wrong. On my last Conquest cruise I ate at the Pointe and it was great. The food was great, the service was great. Well worth the extra money. So go for it. You won't regret it.

Robb

Poster-In-Chief

I agree, I was also a cynic until I went. Certainly worth doing at least once per cruise.

My DH and I ate at the Emerald Supper Club on the Glory this past May. We were a little skeptical about whether or not it would be worth it at first, but halfway through the meal we knew we had made a good decision. The food, service, and overall experience are well worth $30 per person. You can eat as much as you want, just like in the regular dining room, and they even bring out "compliments of the chef" starter and dessert, which were both good. My DH and I both had 2 starters, an entree, and dessert, all of which were extremely good. I had the surf and turf, which was lobster and filet mignon, and I have to say that it was the best steak I have ever had. To get a meal of this quality and quantity back home, we would easily have to pay at least $90. We were extremely pleased with the experience we had and are looking forward to enjoying the Supper Club on the Splendor next January.:)

Archived