Carnival Freedom 1/17/09

I am getting married 1/17/09 aboard the Carnival Freedom. I am a bit nervous to say the least. I need HELP!!! I have read suggestions for the last week about cake toppers, etc. I have my wedding booklet and have my meals picked. I need to know if anyone has pictures of cakes, what filling to use on the cake, are there any pics of the actual ceremony. I am really worried about having the ceremony inside. The whole idea of a "cruise wedding" was to get married on the deck. PLEASE HELP so that I don't continue to freak out. I started looking at dresses last week and think I have that figured out, but the rest is a blur. I could really use some suggestions.:eek:

Hi SayingIdo,

Congrats! We are having a vow renewal in Dec. 2009 and originally wanted to have the ceremony on ship also (the Freedom). Since they won't do them on deck we decided to go for the beach ceremony in St. Thomas. I know a page or so back there was a post about cakes that you can search for. This is the perfect site for you to get lots of help!! Everyone has been great and there is sooooo much info so just keep reading through it all. Good luck!:D

Yeah, I am a little disappointed that the ceremony is not on the deck. But I can always take pictures up there which will be sufficient I guess. It seems a little silly that they don't have them on the deck, I would think it would be a lot easier. I will look back for the information on cakes, etc. but if you see anything else let me know. I try to read all of the stuff, but it is a little overwhelming. There is a ton here.

Congrats! I'm getting married in December while sailing on the Freedom, but we're getting married in port instead of on deck. I can't really help, but I just wanted to say relax! It will all come together :)

Congrats! I'm getting married in December while sailing on the Freedom, but we're getting married in port instead of on deck. I can't really help, but I just wanted to say relax! It will all come together :)

I sure hope so. I am a worrier to begin with, but I just want this to be perfect.

I sure hope so. I am a worrier to begin with, but I just want this to be perfect.

Forgive me for saying this, but perfection is not realistic. Things will most likely not go as exactly planned but that is okay. Isn't that life? It's the way you handle it. Don't worry about the little things, you'll just drive yourself nuts! It's a 15 - 20 minute ceremony and then a great party afterwards. The whole thing will fly by and you'll wonder why you spent so much time planning and stressing. Just relax, be patient and it will all come together nicely. Good luck!

Forgive me for saying this, but perfection is not realistic. Things will most likely not go as exactly planned but that is okay. Isn't that life? It's the way you handle it. Don't worry about the little things, you'll just drive yourself nuts! It's a 15 - 20 minute ceremony and then a great party afterwards. The whole thing will fly by and you'll wonder why you spent so much time planning and stressing. Just relax, be patient and it will all come together nicely. Good luck!

Thank you so much. I thought getting on here and asking questions would make me feel better about this decision, but listening to everyones opinions on everything is really starting to make me rethink things.

Thank you so much. I thought getting on here and asking questions would make me feel better about this decision, but listening to everyones opinions on everything is really starting to make me rethink things.

It all depends on your expectations and how you envision your wedding day. A cruise ship wedding is not like an "at home" wedding. You cannot meet your coordinators, officiant, DJ, ect. You cannot taste your cake or your food. You usually cannot see where your ceremony or reception will be and you don't know when & where until 2 weeks prior (if your lucky). You have to give up alot of control and for many brides, this is extremely difficult and they freak out! The brides who are the happiest are the ones who want a simple, stress free experience and do not want all the bells and whistles that a $10,000 wedding entail. Think hard about it and weigh your options. Only you know what will make you happy. I wish you the best and if you have any other questions, let me know. I am happy to help! :D

Archived