Any thoughts on Happy Fish tours????

Travel Lover

We've traveled with Happy Fish in the past without any problems. We went to Quirigua and returned with plenty of time for shopping at the port. I just received an email stating that they are keeping their prices the same however they are now requiring a minimum of 4 people for the Quirigua tour to go. If they do not get the minimum they'll combine with other groups. We went in a new AC Van and only had 7 people so the group was small. We had enough time to explore the area and were not rushed. We will be using them again in Dec when we sail on the NCL Spirit.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the delayed reply - I don't ordinarily lurk this board but found your question & just wanted assure you that our Livingston/ Rio Dulce River tour w/ Happy Fish was terrific, uneventful - very friendly & relaible folks. Try to make sure you pre-request a fairly god English speaker though - some not us - had a guide who was pretty difficult to understand w/ heaavy accent.

Do you know if you'll be stopping by the Mayan school in Livingston?

You will enjoy this tour , the beauty and the culture.

Leah RN:)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
We've traveled with Happy Fish in the past without any problems. We went to Quirigua and returned with plenty of time for shopping at the port. I just received an email stating that they are keeping their prices the same however they are now requiring a minimum of 4 people for the Quirigua tour to go. If they do not get the minimum they'll combine with other groups. We went in a new AC Van and only had 7 people so the group was small. We had enough time to explore the area and were not rushed. We will be using them again in Dec when we sail on the NCL Spirit.

Did you use them again in December and if so where did you go?

• 3 months later...

We use this company and we spent a wonderful day in the Rio Dulce Canyon.

We saw people on barges on the river bank, children fishing with their mothers, was a wonderful day.

Then we visited the town of Livingston where we showed all the variety of cultures in this small town.

I recommend the tour and this company.

Also--I would book at the pier---the prices were cheaper than by email.

Did you take this tour and what did you mean in your title "you get what you pay for"

Our ship is docking in Puerto Quetzal. Has anyone taken this tour from that port? Do they pick you up at the pier?

• 1 month later...
We use this company and we spent a wonderful day in the Rio Dulce Canyon.

We saw people on barges on the river bank, children fishing with their mothers, was a wonderful day.

Then we visited the town of Livingston where we showed all the variety of cultures in this small town.

I recommend the tour and this company.

I just booked with Happy Fish. I am hoping ourtrip on the river is like yours...

Archived