Sterling Steakhouse

itstimeforacruise

Which is it please - $15 or $20 for Sterling and wld really appreciate knowing the charge for Sabatinis as well?

I read elsewhere that Princess alternates nites with each specialty restaurant - true or false and if true which nite starts it off plus do they open either one on embarkation day?

Thanks in advance!

My husband and I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year and the price was $15pp. I had the fillet mignon and my husband had a porter house steak. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. We’re sailing on the Emerald Princess next year and can’t wait to make reservations. A definite must do.

Which is it please - $15 or $20 for Sterling and wld really appreciate knowing the charge for Sabatinis as well?

I read elsewhere that Princess alternates nites with each specialty restaurant - true or false and if true which nite starts it off plus do they open either one on embarkation day?

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to look up the price of each restaurant on the Princess website. If you already booked a cruise, look in the book that came with your cruise docs. There is a page that lists all the dining options on all the ships.

Only on the Tahitian Princess are the specialty restaurants open on alternating nights.

Thanks in advance!

It was $15 last year - I have not seen where it went up.

When I went in December, Sterlings was $15pp and Sabatinis was $20pp. I know on the Ruby Sabatinis will continue to be $20 but instead of sterlings they will be adding the crown grill and Seafood for $25pp.

You should be able to look up the price of each restaurant on the Princess website. If you already booked a cruise, look in the book that came with your cruise docs. There is a page that lists all the dining options on all the ships.

Only on the Tahitian Princess are the specialty restaurants open on alternating nights.

Since it is the sister to the Tahitian the 'Pacific' that I am interested in, perhaps it applies to her also? Curious why they alternate - perhaps not enough diners? If they do open the first nite onboard do u happen to know which restaurant it is?

I am a 'foodie' & plan on mainly dining in the specialty restaurants..

How far in advance wld u recommend I book and can I do it by phone or online or must I wait till I am onboard?

Have booked the cruise but do not get the documents for awhile yet..

I had called Princess and got 3 different clerks on 3 diff. occasions and YUP 3 different answers. That's awful...u wld think the booking staff wld know...:(

One said $25 at Sterling & $20 at Sabatinis, another said $15 & $25 and the last one said perhaps $15 or $20 but didn't even know there was a second specialty restaurant onboard Pacific..

One thing I have noticed is that prices since to be different on different ships - usually they are consistent across the fleet - wonder why?

TG for CCers or I wln't be able to find out!!

Most grateful for your assistance.

My husband and I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year and the price was $15pp. I had the fillet mignon and my husband had a porter house steak. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. We’re sailing on the Emerald Princess next year and can’t wait to make reservations. A definite must do.

Sorry, no Sterlings on the Emerald. The Crown Grill was OK ($25pp) but service was not up to par on our cruise a few weeks ago.

49er

We were on Tahitian in March. They do alternate and the waiters are the same from one night/theme to the next. This is because there is less room for staff than the larger ships (as well as fewer diners as you guessed).

We had no trouble getting in, in fact the maitre 'd for the specialty restaurants was drumming up business in the buffet at lunch time.

$15 sounds right for the price. They have a good quesadilla appetizer and clam chowder as well.

Enjoy your cruise, the small ships are great!

Just off the Caribbean Princess this month...Sabatinis was $20pp, and Sterling and $15pp :) I recommend the salmon (if they have it, it was the fish of the day when I was there), and ALL the appetizers. They were all delicious!

We were on the Golden last month and Sterling's was $15pp and yes, it was worth it. It is very unusual for me to eat a steak but I did and it was great (so was the creme brulee dessert)

We would do it again in a heart beat!

Enjoy,

This time was told $15 at Sterlings & $20 at Sabatinis but was also told they have no knowledge of alternating nites for the specialty restaurants onboard the Tahitian or Princess either for that matter...???

Was informed they can do what they wish onboard without informing head office. Yah right and I am 'Minnie Mouse' :)

Only conclusion I can come to it is because there aren't enough diners to warrant opening each restnt ea nite...

Anyone done a Pacific Princess cruise recently and have knowledge of alternating nites for the specialty restaurants?

You folks are so helpful...

Many thanks to all!

We were on Tahitian in March. They do alternate and the waiters are the same from one night/theme to the next. This is because there is less room for staff than the larger ships (as well as fewer diners as you guessed).

We had no trouble getting in, in fact the maitre 'd for the specialty restaurants was drumming up business in the buffet at lunch time.

$15 sounds right for the price. They have a good quesadilla appetizer and clam chowder as well.

Enjoy your cruise, the small ships are great!

I luv the small ships also.. & it sounds yummy - making me hungry already :)

Presuming u mean 'Sterling'? Did u also happen to try Sabatinis also & if yes, what was your impression?

Wld also appreciate it if u cld tell me where I cld view the menus for the spec. rests. on Pacific Princess (presuming same as for the Tahitian).

Thanks in advance...

WE ate at the steakhouse on the Star a couple of weeks ago. It was $15pp and amazingly enough we didn't have reservations. We just went on a whim and they had a spot - we went early (about 6:00) so maybe that's why or maybe we were just lucky. I had the filet and DH had the rib eye and they were both wonderful! Also the shrimp cocktail - much bigger than the one in the dining room. We both had the creme brulee for dessert.

Your experience with Sterlings will depend on what your expectations are. If your idea of a good steak is Outback, then Sterlings will fare very well. If your expectations are more along the line of Mortons or Ruth's Chris it will fall a little short. All in all, it is a good steak night.

I ate at Sterling's on the Sun Princess last Sept. and it was $15. I had the most delicious filet mignon I've ever had. It weighed 10 oz. (:eek: ) and I had to take half of it with me. Had that other half the next afternoon as a snack on the balcony and it was still so juicy and tender. Yummy! The dinner was definitely worth the money.

sterling on the dawn Princess was awful. My steak wasn't right and they took it back. They didn't get it replaced until after DH had dessert. The atmosphere was poor, it was a cornered off section of the buffet. They brought the appetizers one after another so fast they started to get cold and then we waited a half hour for the entree of which mine was wrong. I wouldn't go back

We ate at Sterling on the Dawn as well, and while our experience wasn't that bad, it wasn't good enough to go back to. We're glad we tried it though. We were seating two tables down from the captain though, so apparently he (and his entourage - wife, mother-in-law rest of family) liked it too.

Since it is the sister to the Tahitian the 'Pacific' that I am interested in, perhaps it applies to her also? Curious why they alternate - perhaps not enough diners? If they do open the first nite onboard do u happen to know which restaurant it is?

I am a 'foodie' & plan on mainly dining in the specialty restaurants..

How far in advance wld u recommend I book and can I do it by phone or online or must I wait till I am onboard?

Have booked the cruise but do not get the documents for awhile yet..

I had called Princess and got 3 different clerks on 3 diff. occasions and YUP 3 different answers. That's awful...u wld think the booking staff wld know...:(

One said $25 at Sterling & $20 at Sabatinis, another said $15 & $25 and the last one said perhaps $15 or $20 but didn't even know there was a second specialty restaurant onboard Pacific..

One thing I have noticed is that prices since to be different on different ships - usually they are consistent across the fleet - wonder why?

TG for CCers or I wln't be able to find out!!

Most grateful for your assistance.

We will be on board the Pacific Princess next week. Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse alternate evenings out of the same space. Sabatinis is open the first cruise night. Not sure of the price for each but Sabatini's is more than the Sterling.

Archived