Scam...be careful

letsgocruz1

If I answered all the stupid mail I get like this, I would be a mulit millionaire right now. I don't believe things like this because if it says

"Please send us your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, TELEPHONE, OCCUPATION, SEX, BANK ACCOUNT, SSN, etc"

it is an identity theft scheme.

They send the checks out in hopes that you will cash them, and your account number will appear on the back of the check, or some banks request ssn numbers to cash checks, and you are giving them access to your account.

I get about 100 emails like this a day. Sometimes I get so aggravated with them that I start sending them back the same back with a bunch of nonsense information. ie..... bank account Obama Bank OF Congress Account 8483729204875. Address. Anywhere I am in the mood to be. Mainly Sing Sing Prison in Sing Sing China. phone I make one up.

Be careful. DON'T do answer these letters.

My favorite reply on those are the following:

email:

nope@nada.net (unless I'b being politically incorrect and then it's downright nasty)

address:

1313 Mockingbird Lane

Death to Spammers, AZ 66613

(nothing against Arizona, it's just the first and last of the alphabet)

phone:

666-666-1313

By sending the **AP to the correct people ..and with full headers they are able to track and as well Prosecute the Culprits with fullest amounts the Laws allow too.

the fer=deral Trade Commission is doing and has done a great job helpiing tpo stop UCE (SPAM) and the SCAMS. Phishing is horrible in the spam.. so many things look real and they try to conince people they are by showing the firms pictures.. and things look legit kinda..

BUT report them to the FTC and Secret Service. The Secret Service are the ones involved more in SCAM Stopping.

Abuse@SecretService.GOV and UCE@UCE.Gov are working eMails to help and send the Scam mail to.

Hope this help you more now !

:cool:

PS: Also never NEVER Answer any SPAM nor SCAM or they know they have a live prospect and will sell yiour eMail addy!

By sending the **AP to the correct people ..and with full headers they are able to track and as well Prosecute the Culprits with fullest amounts the Laws allow too.

the fer=deral Trade Commission is doing and has done a great job helpiing tpo stop UCE (SPAM) and the SCAMS. Phishing is horrible in the spam.. so many things look real and they try to conince people they are by showing the firms pictures.. and things look legit kinda..

BUT report them to the FTC and Secret Service. The Secret Service are the ones involved more in SCAM Stopping.

Abuse@SecretService.GOV and UCE@UCE.Gov are working eMails to help and send the Scam mail to.

Hope this help you more now !

:cool:

PS: Also never NEVER Answer any SPAM nor SCAM or they know they have a live prospect and will sell yiour eMail addy!

Heck with Carnival - I got such an e-mail last week from the IRS regarding problems with my tax refund and economic stimulus check.

Problem is, I'm a tax accountant, and I've received both payments. I also know the IRS doesn't do E-mails. A quick look at the sending address showed it to originate from one of the old Soviet republics.

Throw out enough bait, and something's going to nibble.

As far as emails go, I receive 70 a day wanting me to send them my personal info.... UK Lottery, IRS lottery, FEDEX Lottery, FBI "if you don't respond to any other one, respond to this one.... however, if we catch you responding to others you will go to jail....." The man does not exist in the FBI. I called them. And about 20 others. Sometimes the same email 30 times in one day. They go to junk mail, and get deleted. I tried to block them, but they just kept changing the address. I also got one with a personal phone number on it, so I called the number, and she said someone was using her phone and address, and gave me the number to the local FBI for her because they are trying hard to catch the creep who is doing this using their name.

My husband got something similar to this in the regular mail yesterday. It's not from Carnival, it said he won some international lotto or something like that, there is a check enclosed for over a thousand dollars, say he really won 125k and should contact them first and to keep the winning confidentail etc. Used to be you just got this stuff in email, now they are mailing them to peoples residences.

He's bringing it to his bank to report it and will find out the other proper places to report it to.

Scarey stuff :eek:

As far as emails go, I receive 70 a day wanting me to send them my personal info.... UK Lottery, IRS lottery, FEDEX Lottery, FBI "if you don't respond to any other one, respond to this one.... however, if we catch you responding to others you will go to jail....." The man does not exist in the FBI. I called them. And about 20 others. Sometimes the same email 30 times in one day. They go to junk mail, and get deleted. I tried to block them, but they just kept changing the address. I also got one with a personal phone number on it, so I called the number, and she said someone was using her phone and address, and gave me the number to the local FBI for her because they are trying hard to catch the creep who is doing this using their name.

hi

You should report this to your internet provider.. you may have to change your email...

Check out these links

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec02.shtm

The above is how to stop spam and where to report it- Forward it to-

spam@uce.gov

Send a copy of the spam to your ISP's abuse desk. Often the email address is abuse@yourispname.com or postmaster@yourispname.com

http://www.antiphishing.org/

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs17a.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/tech/privacy.shtm

hi

You should report this to your internet provider.. you may have to change your email...

Check out these links

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec02.shtm

The above is how to stop spam and where to report it- Forward it to-

spam@uce.gov

Send a copy of the spam to your ISP's abuse desk. Often the email address is abuse@yourispname.com or postmaster@yourispname.com

http://www.antiphishing.org/

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs17a.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/tech/privacy.shtm

I don't really worry about it. I don't open them unless i am in a shi__y mood that day, then i respond to them with stupid stuff. Helped for a little while.

the main one was the FBI scam one. and the FEDEX scam one. I laughed at those. but because they were names I trusted, I opened and read them.

I don't really worry about it. I don't open them unless i am in a shi__y mood that day, then i respond to them with stupid stuff. Helped for a little while.

the main one was the FBI scam one. and the FEDEX scam one. I laughed at those. but because they were names I trusted, I opened and read them.

I know what you mean.. But you should worry because some can contain spyware that monitor what you do on the computer.. (banking etc)

Never open them!!

If I answered all the stupid mail I get like this, I would be a mulit millionaire right now. I don't believe things like this because if it says

"Please send us your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, TELEPHONE, OCCUPATION, SEX, BANK ACCOUNT, SSN, etc"

it is an identity theft scheme.

They send the checks out in hopes that you will cash them, and your account number will appear on the back of the check, or some banks request ssn numbers to cash checks, and you are giving them access to your account.

I get about 100 emails like this a day. Sometimes I get so aggravated with them that I start sending them back the same back with a bunch of nonsense information. ie..... bank account Obama Bank OF Congress Account 8483729204875. Address. Anywhere I am in the mood to be. Mainly Sing Sing Prison in Sing Sing China. phone I make one up.

Be careful. DON'T do answer these letters.

Did you know that just responding to one of these e-mails gets you on a list really quickly? That's probably why you get about 100 e-mails a day. The way to stop the madness is to ignore and delete

My DD a couple years ago was selling an scooter. Some body sent her an cashier check and said to take it to the bank and deposit it then keep so much and send the rest to them. She then took the check to her bank to have them check it to make sure it was legit. Her bank said it was good so she went by the instructions, come to find out the money was being sent to Nigeria by way of U.K. After about $3000 were sent the bank said the cashier check wasn't any good. They took all of her savings to cover it even though it was the banks fault. She learned a very expensive lesson. I got the same type of check my bank called to make sure and found out right away it was a scam.

While I agree that is way far fetched, hubby and I did kind of get a free "cruise" from Carnival for attending a timeshare demonstration last year. It cost us $295 pp and we were on the Glory on May 3rd. What a great deal that was. If anyone has the chance to do this, go for it. You have to follow the rules COMPLETELY with the travel agent, Spirit Incentives, and at times it was a bit gruling trying to get a semi ship that you want, but we had a great time.

Mail like that always going into my Spam folder. Once in a great while I will get crap, but I just delete it. With all the stories out there and the investigations going on, who would belive that crap?

My husband received one about 2 months ago from "Kroger Grocery". He was to cash the check, and then call for his assignment after wiring a certain amount to someone in Austin Tx (can't remember the persons name) We took it to the bank to report it because it didn't seem right to pay a person that much money to do 2 surveys one on American Express and the other had to spend 195 at walmart and do a survey about customer service. They called and sure enough it was a fraud (as we expected) they had us to open an account just for this check so that a case could be opened when it was returned. We received a phone call from an officer in Ft. Lauderdale Fl (called and checked on him so he was legit) they have many of these scams going on right now according to him. It is sad

Mail like that always going into my Spam folder. Once in a great while I will get crap, but I just delete it. With all the stories out there and the investigations going on, who would belive that crap?

Scams continue to work because people are greedy, they know its too good to be true, but their greed takes over and common sense goes out the window...thats what scam artists rely on.

Then people are so embarrassed that they normally dont even report the crime.

Im an Ebay Powerseller and there are so many scam artists that offer to pay me $500 more than a product is selling for, if I send them a $100 refund. Sadly, many on ebay fall for it.GREED!!

Found this on another website:

Carnival Cruise Line sent me a check for $3977

http://carnival-cruise-line.pissedconsumer.com/carnival-cruise-line-sent-me-a-check-for-3977-20080521121703.html

While it seems obvious to most of us, some people fall for this stuff.

Carnival did not send anyone a check for $3977. Indeed, Carnival has nothing to do with these scams. Carnival is a victim of having its good name misued by the scam artists. Please do not attempt to link Carnival with these scum.

........I get about 100 emails like this a day........

I fortunately have an ISP that blocks that junk.

It is sometime difficult to get email from an honest bulk emailer...... but I will put up with that given the rest goes in my ISP's round file. :D

Archived