2 day stay pre cruise and one cay after 0r....

txwildflower2002

One day pre and one day after? I want to stat one day after to get a 9:45 am flight. The flight on disembark is at 5:20 pm and not sure what we will do till then Please help me decide! Is there alot to do and see in the area. DH is no help. Or 2 days pre and leave at disembark?

We always feel more comfortable having one day pre and one day post cruise.

We live in Texas as well—Galveston—and whether you are flying direct to SJ or connecting you just never know what will happen with the airlines. This Feb. we took a Celebrity cruise out of San Juan and went to a wedding pre cruise and then stayed over post cruise one night. It all went very well for us.

If you follow the threads you can fill several days with lots of things to do. Old San Juan has many interesting sites for the first time visitor. I can share with you one place I love to visit on my trips--If you follow Cristo Street--one of the main streets in OSJ and take a turn on Fortaleza towards the Governor's Mansion there is a hospital almost adjoining the property. Go to the door of the hospital and ring the bell. A charming nun will answer the door. Ask if you can take a look at the harbor--if it is visiting hours. The view from this hospital of the harbor is unbelievable!!! Anyway, this is just one thing I always try to include in my visits of this beautiful city.

Also, there are many many things to do outside Old San Juan depending on how adventurous you are.

This site has some interesting info on day trips.

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/

Good luck in planning your trip.

I talke it, you stay in OSJ then? We went to the Mexican Rivera in May and felt really tired on the way home. I just wondered if 2 pre was an overkill. Did ya'll fly out from IAH or Hobby? Dare I ask what the fare was then? I guess that is why I am frantic as I want to book airfare now! Thanks for your help!

I believe it is all a matter of taste--and $ of course. Many people just arrive early and then take taxi to ship or take one day and then rest on the cruise as needed. If you have enough connection time then maybe a post stay is not necessary. For us we really like to take one day and rest before returning home.

We fly out of IAH on the Continental direct flights. Lot's easier than taking American to Dallas and then direct--or--Miami then PR. etc. There are so many places to stay in close proximity to cruise docks., again just a matter of $$$ and taste. You can follow the different threads for more info. We always stay at the Caribe Hilton==it's beautiful, great beach/pool areas, live music and we just take taxi to/from ship. It is worth the splurge!

More questions?

One day pre and one day after? I want to stat one day after to get a 9:45 am flight. The flight on disembark is at 5:20 pm and not sure what we will do till then Please help me decide! Is there alot to do and see in the area. DH is no help. Or 2 days pre and leave at disembark?

Have you checked air fare prices for a Fri. in and leave on Mon. for us it was cheaper and it paid the price of a hotel. So you can do both, and we used Priceline on the hotel and got the Marriott Stellaris for $115 a night for pre and post stay. If you read some stuff on these pages there is lots to do or just enjoy another beach day.

There is plenty to see and do in Old San Juan to keep you entertained before and or after a cruise.

For luggage options there are a couple of places in OSJ where you can leave your luggage. I did a post about this on my travel blog

http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/2008/05/puerto-rico-cruise-luggage-options/

also

this post has soem ideas on how to spend 48 hours in san Juan http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/2008/05/48-hours-in-san-juan/

hope that helps

Archived