Cigars on Granduer

I just read the forum for cigars on the Enchantment, and want to ask about the Granduer for myself. I sailed the Enchantment last year and will be on the Granduer in 2 months :D:D:D:D

Does the Granduer have a cigar bar? Do they ever have any special cigar "functions" scheduled. I remember th ecigar selection on Enchantment was disapointing, how is it on Granduer?

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Kevin

I seem to remember a Cigar Afficinado's listed each evening in the Library on the Grandeur when I sailed her in March. I will have to check my Compass' and see.

I know it was a HUGE deal on the Splendour. It was in the piano bar behind the Viking Crown and you could smell it wafting down the elevator shafts. My Bride told me I could go up there, but to shower before I came back to the cabin and toss my clothes overboard. She doesn't like 'em. :D

The cigar lounge is in the library at night. The selection of cigars are kinda slim (and rather expensive!) They have an attendant who goes to a bar to get drinks for you. Take your own cigars & have a blast.

We were also on the Grandeur last year and went to the library almost every night after dinner for the guys to smoke cigars. I can't speak for the selection since the men brought their own, but they did have port and liqueurs such as Grand Marnier on hand. Yum! Other bar drinks were available, but the server had to go get them. Although, it wasn't the same as the cigar bars on the larger ships, the lights were dimmed, service was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. No kids were allowed to come in, even though they tried!

They made you put it out in the Viking Lounge ! :eek:

It sounds like the library will be nice at night. I will make sure to bring one for each night.

Does anyone remember if you could smoke them any place OTHER than the library? I like JAVA fro Drew Estates and some people don't care to have "flavored" cigars smoked around them while they smoke theirs. (even though I don't consider this particular cigar to be "flavored") I was hoping I would be able to smoke them somewhere on the decks outside in the evening.

I read RCCL's webpage policy after someone commented that smoking cigars was not allowed on balconies and found they were of course in error. In terms of balconies/outside decks, RCCL's policy did not differentiate between cigarettes and cigars. You can smoke them on the outside decks where smoking is permitted.

They made you put it out in the Viking Lounge ! :eek:

It sounds like the library will be nice at night. I will make sure to bring one for each night.

Does anyone remember if you could smoke them any place OTHER than the library? I like JAVA fro Drew Estates and some people don't care to have "flavored" cigars smoked around them while they smoke theirs. (even though I don't consider this particular cigar to be "flavored") I was hoping I would be able to smoke them somewhere on the decks outside in the evening.

Kevin1877 , I had no problem being asked to put it out in the Viking Lounge, the problem was I did not know anything about a cigar policy, we will be leaving on the Norwegian Majesty next month out of Baltimore I better start looking at Norwegian cigar policy now.

Bulldog & Ms.Bulldog

Archived