Night Dive Manta Rays

sandrab

Does anyone have any information about night dives with Manta Rays? (ideally snorkelling, not scuba).

I tried to search - but the search facility isn't working.

Thank you!

Sandra

not sure they do night snorkels. i've done a night dive - scuba - in grand cayman before. i think we saw shrimp. we did the thing where you turn off your flashlight & wave your arms to see the sparklies. i just was kind of creeped out when i looked to the side or behind me & it was just pitch black. while there are things you can only see at night, there's just so much more to see during the day. my confidence level is much higher when i can see all around me & see the boat. hawaii has lots of turtles & butterfly fish. we also saw eels, puffer fish, grouper, parrot fish. all those were during a daytime scuba dive.

Does anyone have any information about night dives with Manta Rays? (ideally snorkelling, not scuba). Thank you! Sandra

Try this sight for scuba and snorkle night trips with the Mantas http://www.konahonudivers.com/mantaray.shtml

We didn't get to do this dive as we were on a cruise and didn't overnight on this island. Critters come out at night that are hard to find during daylight hours as they would instantly become menu items.

2923393330091393226S425x425Q85.jpg 2679988030091393226S425x425Q85.jpg

I sure wouldn't pass up the chance

That looks fabulous - unfortunately we won't be overnighting in Kona, only in Maui (Kahului) and in Kauai.

I wonder are similar night dives available on these islands?

I'd say it is an amazing experience.

Sandra

Archived