ROS Laundry Specials?

Hi All,

I was just reading on the RCI website that the ROS does not have a self service laundry:confused: .

Our family including our four son's will be sailing on ROS departing Sydney on the 13th of Dec, now....while the thought of not doing any washing for 11 days is FANTASTIC:D, the thought of how much it is going to cost to get someone else to do it SCAREY:eek:. I will be packing quite a lot of clothes for everyone I'm sure, (I am a girl you know:p ), but not enough for 11 days.

So does anyone know if they have laundry specials on ROS as they do on P&O ships?

Thanks,

Regards Sandie:)

Our first cruise was on Pacific Sun for 11 nights. We are a family of 5 and we managed to get through the cruise without having to use the laundry. Washed a few things out in the cabin but that was it.

Needless to say, I had a s*** load when I got home:eek:

Hi Karen,

Thanks for that, sounds like I will have to pack a heap of clothes, especially for the two youger boys, they still seem to spill something down the front of themselves at the worst possible times.:rolleyes:

I must admit the thought of no washing for 11 DAYS is very appealing.:D

Just dread the day after you get home.:(

Our first cruise was on Pacific Sun for 11 nights. We are a family of 5 and we managed to get through the cruise without having to use the laundry. Washed a few things out in the cabin but that was it.

Needless to say, I had a s*** load when I got home:eek:

I agree with Karen. We have cruised a lot (some much longer than 11 nights), and eight of those were with children. I have to admit that I have never used the laundry on any ship. I don't want to spend my time on the ship waiting around in a laundry.

Most of our clothes are wash and wear, and if we have to take something heavier like jeans, I do not wash them while I am away. We hand wash what we need to (maybe a pair of shorts, a top, and of course undies every night), roll them in a towel to remove excess water, and hang out to dry. (Note - take pegs) Maybe something like shorts would not be totally dry by the next morning, but most things are. :):)

Hi Ela 2,

Thanks for the advice, I'll rig up some sort of indoor clothes line, we have booked two cabins to fit us all in, so I'll work something out in in the kids cabin;).

When DH and I went on the PS last year I didn't go near the laundry:D.But with our four son's coming this time, some things will need to be washed.

I think the trick will be pack plenty of boardies, they dry pretty quick:).

Regards Sandie :)

Take Febreeze,

At least they will smell clean.

Save yourself the effort - you are on holidays. Don't know about specials on Rhapsody yet, but would still be nice to pay for and not have to worry about (and avoid Laundry rage)

I wonder why they dont put laundries on some of the ships?

On the mariner of the seas they have rockclimbing walls, ice skating rinks etc but no laundry. We will be ok as we are only cruising for 7 nights and have a rental house while at disneyworld with washer and dryer. The only rage i will have is when the socks dont match or clothes not in the basket.

I have been on the RCL boards and dont recall any mention of specials. Have you tried putting a post on there?

Hi,

Geoff, Karon, rkmw and Shiona

If $25 is the going rate for a full bag of washing,that sounds GREAT thanks rkmw, maybe a compromise is in order... wash only if I have to:D .

I see rkmw and Shiona you will both be on the ROS as well, looking forward to meeting you, guess I"ll be talking to you on the roll call:) .

Sounds like you have a great holiday coming up Karon, oh.. and by the way when you mentioned in the other thread about unusual questions- why would someone want to take a crock pot on a cruise.:eek:

I was on the RCCL site a couple of months back and I asked the same question about the laundry facilities. Couldn't believe there was no laundry ( but then there will be no Laundry rage:) ).

This is the reply I got. Hope it helps, and I didn't think the prices were too expensive;)

Here are the current prices: (as they have recently gone up) Remember they will all be in US $'S.

MEN WASH & PRESS:

Bathrobe $4.00...now $4.40

Handkerchief $ .75...now .80

Jeans $3.50...now 3.80

Pajamas $4.25...now 4.60

Pants $4.00...now 4.40

Shirt $3.50...now 3.80

Shirt/T-shirt $2.75...now 3.00

Shorts $3.00...now 3.30

Socks $1.25...now 1.40

Sweatshirt $3.50...now 3.80

Underwear $1.25...now 1.40

MEN DRY CLEANING:

Coat $8.25...now $9.00

Jacket $5.00...now 5.50

Pajamas, silk $5.00...now 5.50

Pants $4.50...now 4.90

Shirt $4.00...now 4.40

Shorts $3.50...now 3.80

Suit $9.00...now 9.80

Sweater $4.50...now 4.90

Tie $2.25...now 2.50

Vest $3.00...now 3.30

WOMAN WASH & PRESS:

Blouse $4.00...now $4.40

Dress $6.00...now 6.50

Hosiery $1.25...now 1.40

Housecoat $3.75...now 4.10

Nightgown $3.50...now 3.80

Skirt $4.00...now 4.40

Slacks $4.00...now 4.40

Slip $2.75...now 3.00

Swimsuit $2.25...now 2.50

WOMAN DRY CLEANING:

Blouse $4.50...now $4.90

Blouse, silk $6.00...now 6.50

Dress $8.00...now 8.70

Dress, silk $9.50...now 10.40

Evening Dress $9.50...now 10.40

Scarf $2.75...now 3.00

Skirt $5.00...now 5.50

Slacks $4.50...now 4.90

Suit $9.00...now 9.80

Pressing only: is 1/2 the WASH & PRESS prices

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the info, they really have thought of everthing have'nt they..hosiery,housecoat,scarf... I don't think I'll be taking any of those items.:rolleyes:

The price charged per item could work out quite expensive, don't think I could bring myself to pay that much:eek:.

Think I will hold out and hope for a special at some stage..boy I sound like a cheap skate.:p

Thanks again for the info,

When DH and I went on the PS last year I didn't go near the laundry:D.But with our four son's coming this time, some things will need to be washed.

I think the trick will be pack plenty of boardies, they dry pretty quick:).

Regards Sandie :)

Hi Sandie,

On our first overseas trip our kids were 3, 6 & 9 and I seemed to spend a lot of time washing clothes. I learnt fast. From when they were about 9 they were expected to do their own light washing when we were travelling. (I know - terrible mother!) Many of our trips were six to seven weeks long. It doesn't hurt them to hand wash undies, and maybe a pair of shorts or a T shirt. The only problem we had was that the eldest boy left his for several days, then had a whole lot to do taking up our valuable hanging space. It is much easier if every day everyone washes their undies and occasionally another item or two.

When my dh ran out of clean t.shirts on our last cruise we looked into the prices to get them cleaned, which were similar to the above prices and decided it would not be much more to buy new ones. So when on shore we went to the local shops/markets and picked up souvenir tshirts for him to wear. They were $5 each - Bargain!! - Could do the same with knickers !!!:D

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

When my dh ran out of clean t.shirts on our last cruise we looked into the prices to get them cleaned, which were similar to the above prices and decided it would not be much more to buy new ones. So when on shore we went to the local shops/markets and picked up souvenir tshirts for him to wear. They were $5 each - Bargain!! - Could do the same with knickers !!!:D

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

souvenir knickers? What a concept :p

Archived