Question about the outlets in room..

I will be sailing Saturday on the Carnival Inspiration and have a quick question.... Are the outlets normal or European?

Both

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Electrical_Outlets.aspx

There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt and a 220 volt plug. The outlet in the bathroom can only be used for electric razors.

thank you. the carnival wedding planner told another bride getting married on the same day that she has to bring an adaptor!! wonder why she would say that?!

Perhaps the planner thought she'd need to use both plugs, the 110 as normal and the 220 with an adaptor. That's the only thing that makes sense since the cabin is equipped with both types of plugs.

Perhaps the planner thought she'd need to use both plugs, the 110 as normal and the 220 with an adaptor. That's the only thing that makes sense since the cabin is equipped with both types of plugs.

Wow! That makes sense!! I didnt even think of it like that! Thank you. I am not thinking logically right now... :) Thank you.

Wow! That makes sense!! I didnt even think of it like that! Thank you. I am not thinking logically right now... :) Thank you.

I certainly understand. It's only 3 days until your wedding. I wouldn't be thinking clearly either.

By the way, I love the Inspiration. I know your wedding will be fabulous and your cruise delightful. Best wishes for a long, happy life together.

I certainly understand. It's only 3 days until your wedding. I wouldn't be thinking clearly either.

By the way, I love the Inspiration. I know your wedding will be fabulous and your cruise delightful. Best wishes for a long, happy life together.

thank you very much!! :)

Congrats on your wedding :) I'd skip the adapter but bring a small power strip instead. It's the one item I thought I'd care less about but actually use quite often. I bring my own hair dryer and the head of the plug doesn't fit between the outlet and the top of the counter. Also makes it much easier to just leave the strip plugged in and use it as we need it. Some people have no use for it but if you are planning on plugging more than one thing in a time it becomes useful. :)

Caution on the voltage adapters. There are two different types that can be purchased. One is for appliances and is the most common one sold. Just be sure if this type is purchased for hair dryers etc that the wattage listed is equal too or higher than the appliance being plugged into it. DO NOT use this type to plug any solid state device into it. Cell phone chargers, video cameras etc (anything that could have a chip in it).

The other type is actually a voltage transformer and is meant to be used with solid state devices. It cannot be used on appliances.

There are combination models that will do either but can only accept having an appliance or solid state device plugged in one at a time. On these models there are two different wattages listed say 50/1800. 50 watts for the solid state side and 1800 watts for the appliance side. Some auto sense what is plugged in and on others there is a manual switch.

I just wanted to mention this because there have been postings about passengers ruining Ipods etc not understanding the difference.

Congrats on your wedding :) I'd skip the adapter but bring a small power strip instead. It's the one item I thought I'd care less about but actually use quite often. I bring my own hair dryer and the head of the plug doesn't fit between the outlet and the top of the counter. Also makes it much easier to just leave the strip plugged in and use it as we need it. Some people have no use for it but if you are planning on plugging more than one thing in a time it becomes useful. :)

thank you! it seems like the time has flown!! (thank God!) I think i am going to buy a power strip to use. I cannot live with out my hair dryer!! I cannot work with the one they supply!

Caution on the voltage adapters. There are two different types that can be purchased. One is for appliances and is the most common one sold. Just be sure if this type is purchased for hair dryers etc that the wattage listed is equal too or higher than the appliance being plugged into it. DO NOT use this type to plug any solid state device into it. Cell phone chargers, video cameras etc (anything that could have a chip in it).

The other type is actually a voltage transformer and is meant to be used with solid state devices. It cannot be used on appliances.

There are combination models that will do either but can only accept having an appliance or solid state device plugged in one at a time. On these models there are two different wattages listed say 50/1800. 50 watts for the solid state side and 1800 watts for the appliance side. Some auto sense what is plugged in and on others there is a manual switch.

I just wanted to mention this because there have been postings about passengers ruining Ipods etc not understanding the difference.

More caution - ADAPTERS do not change the voltage only the plug configuration. They should only be used with dual voltage items (check the fine print on your power bricks).

CONVERTERS - What Vinnie is talking about.

More caution - ADAPTERS do not change the voltage only the plug configuration. They should only be used with dual voltage items (check the fine print on your power bricks).

CONVERTERS - What Vinnie is talking about.

Thanks for the clarification. When most people are told to buy a voltage adapter for a hair dryer etc they actually want a converter. The term is loosley thrown around and I find myself caught up doing it.

Thanks for the clarification. When most people are told to buy a voltage adapter for a hair dryer etc they actually want a converter. The term is loosley thrown around and I find myself caught up doing it.

Going to Europe soon, so this is on the top of my mind right now. The vast array of conversion/adapter gadgets out there is a bit daunting. :cool:

thank you. the carnival wedding planner told another bride getting married on the same day that she has to bring an adaptor!! wonder why she would say that?!

I think what she meant to say was to bring a Terminal Strip as there is only 1 or 2 sockets in the cabin. With a terminal strip that you can pick up at Walmart for 1.00 you can plug up to 6 items during the night.

Things you have to plug into are:

CPAP

Laptop

Shaver

Walkie Talkie charger

Cell Phone Charger

IPOD Charger

Digital Camera Battery Charger

Camcorder Battery Charger

and any addtional toys you need charged :D

Fred

Just don't plug in a digital clock. The ships AC is not at a constant 60Hz, which means that the clock won't keep time.

Our alarm woke us up in the middle of the night, although the clock said it was 6am. We can laugh about it now. ;)

Archived