Best time for flight home from barcelona after disembark

WE ARE DOING THE MED. CRUISE JUNE 19TH - JULY 1ST. I AM NEEDING HELP WITH FLIGHT TIMES DEPARTING FROM BARCELONA AIRPORT AFTER THE CRUISE.

CAN WE GET A TAXI FROM THE PORT TO THE AIRPORT WHEN WE DISEMBARK ?
DOES ANYONE KNOW APPROX. WHAT TIME WE ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT. (WE HAVE EARLY DISEMBARK)
I AM LOOKING AT FLIGHTS FOR OUR RETURN HOME. AND THERE IS A 10:30 AM FLIGHT LEAVING BARCELONA. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TOO EARLY?
THIS IS OUR 1ST TRIP TO BARCELONA AND WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

We are on the Splendour in May and booked our flights through the cruiseline and our flight departs from Barcelona around 10:30 am so you should be OK with that time. This is our first time to Barcelona also but from what I've read there are lots of taxis available everywhere. Have a great cruise!

Carnival Ecstasy-1994
Regal Princess-1997
Carnival Inspiration-1998
Enchantment of the Seas-2001
Sea Princess-November 2002
Coral Princess-November 2003
Splendourof the Seas-May 2004

Hello pbcruiser. We are on the same sailing as you. I'm not going to be any help to you with your question as we are staying on Barcelona that night, but it's mainly because we couldn't get a flight out to connect with the one we need in Paris.

Have you signed up for the meet and mingle for this cruise?

We have a thread going on the m & m board.

Marilyn

Cunard - various ships over many years
Song of America
Grandeur of the Seas
Dreamward
Infinity
Azur
Sovereign of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img] Til the Brilliance in the Med.!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Nordic Empress

<center>
[img]http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v20/lynnees/shipmar2.gif[/img] </center>
[img]http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v20/lynnees/marship.gif[/img]

Did you see that the Splendour isn't scheduled to arrive in Barcelona until 8:30 (the only port it doesn't get into at 7:00am!)? Barcelona Airport is quite large and can be confusing to non-Spanish speaking people. I am thinking that security will be tighter...We got a Delta flight out at around 1:00 pm for my parents...if given the choice, I'd look for a later flight. Of course if you have air booked with RCI, they'll have to help you if you miss the flight...on your own though would be a different story.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
...until our August 28, 2004 Splendour of the Seas

RCCL has a different requirement for Barcelona than most ports. Their "Royal Connections" transfer program say for Barcelona "DEPARTURE TRANSFERS: Guests must depart from Barcelona International Airport (BCN) after 10:00 am on the day you depart from the ship." I'm sure most of the passengers on that 10:40 Delta flight come from the ship, so if the ship is delayed, I'd bet they would hold the plane a while.

Baum, I imagine that policy was written before all the terrorist events that have taken place in/near Madrid...If you were booking your own air, I'd still really recommend a later flight...for all we know, RCI could change that 10:30 flight as well. That's fine for those with RCI's air, but it really would leave the others "on their own." Come to think of it though, if you had trip insurance, I suppose it would cover you. I think I'd check into that to make sure so I could enjoy my trip (I'm a worry wart!).

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
...until our August 28, 2004 Splendour of the Seas

We were on the 10:40 am Delta flight last year. We opted to saty overnight and fly the next day. One thing that was clear to us is that we would not have made the flight comfortably if we went the day we docked unless we were the first people off. It was very crowded getting transportation to the airport, with long lines. The airport was not all that difficult to navigate, but I was glad we staye dovernight. Barcelona is a great city, stay and enjoy it if you can.
Jerry

Jewel of the Seas 7/05
Brilliance 1/05
Constellation 9/04
Radiance 1/04
Constellation 9/03
Golden Princess 1/03
Radiance 4/02
Explorer of the Seas 12/01
Voyager of the Seas 2/01
Monarch of the Seas 8/00
Splendour of the Seas 12/99
NCL Sea 8/96
A bunch others

For what it is worth, I did the Splendor last year (10/18) and was worried about missing my flight an 11:30 flight and I believe the ship arrived at 6:00 a.m. I got the first option to leave the ship, got my luggage, a cab, and it took about 20 minutes to the airport. I had to wait a couple of hours at the airport for the check-in to open. But, the previous year, I did the same cruise with the same flight home and the problem was not waiting at the airport, it was waiting at the pier for a taxi. Enormous lines quickly form and very few taxis are/were available. At that time, it was utter panic for me; hence, the reason I chose to get off the ship first my last time around. You should be perfectly fine unless you linger around the ship until the last minute. Security, despite Madrid, it will not even be close to the US airports. That being said, if it is a US airline, they will probably have their own "extra" security at the gate or check-in. If it is a non-US carrier, you will be onboard your flight in no time. Enjoy your cruise and say hi to one super nice guy, Krasi (the bartender from Bulgaria who has been there for years), at the main pool bar. Regards, Tom

Hi,
I went on Spendour of the Seas last summer and we had a return flight from barcelona t 10:30. You will have plenty of time. There are cabs waiting outside the pier. Just get off the boat early-let them know you have a 10:30 flight. We ended up being delayed since there was a blackout in New York 48 hours prior to our departure. We did arrive at the airport at 9:00 a.m. and had plenty of time-we were the first ones to check in. Enjoy-If you have exra time before you cruise spend a day in barcelona-great place to visit-Las Ramblas is alot of fun. Enjoy!
Ellen

Archived